It's been 2 weeks since the new EI dosing regime. Here's what I've noticed:
- Hygrophila 53B leaves are looking a lot better
- Myriophyllum Guyana is growing a lot fatter and faster. Still undecided on whether this is a good thing.
- Syngonanthis didn't respond to higher dosing so I sold it and replaced with hydrocotyle tripartita. It must have been the KH that was keeping it from thriving.
- Blyxa Japonica is getting greener. Rotala macrandra "green" is a little less yellow and more green. I'm happy with both these changes.
- Crypt spiralis leaves that I trimmed down to substrate have come back even bigger- about 16 inches.
- Rotala macrandra bottoms are still bare, but it's losing leaves less aggressively.
- No real algae issues. Not that I thought there would be, but another data point against the "high water column ferts = algae" folks.
I ran out of CO2 today so will have to pick some up. Here's some pics:
Blyxa Japonica greening up!
Massive Crypt spiralis red leaf
New king of the tank, the largest of 5 apistogramma cactuoides triple reds. Got these for free, I'm probably gonna have to give away the subdominant males as he is getting feisty.
Pre-trim. Notice how big the "mini" myriophyllum is
Post trim. Water is a little cloudy from the GH booster and dry ferts.
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk