Keating1's 55G - Water Changes - Page 41 - The Planted Tank Forum
 1755Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #601 of 606 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 04:02 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Keating1 View Post

If anyone is still awake and has actually read this, please provide your thoughts.
Brilliant! Makes me want to run out and buy a scale. Too bad the CO2 tank is too heavy for little ferts weigh scale to handle.
Ken Keating1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 606 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 08:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi Ken- Just stopping in to say hi, and that I hope you, the tank, and the family are doing well!
DanG, Greggz, Immortal1 and 2 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #603 of 606 (permalink) Old 07-12-2020, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
Hi Ken- Just stopping in to say hi, and that I hope you, the tank, and the family are doing well!
Thanks G48 for checking up on me! Other than the cancer, all is going well. The tank is in jungle mode, so tomorrow I plan on performing a big trim and cleaning out the canisters. I'm finding out that during the summer the tank is put on the back burner, there's just to many other things to do.

Regarding the cancer, last week I had CT scan and it showed the main tumor growing after six months of getting smaller. This is not unusual for pancreatic cancer. So the doctor changed the chemo regime to new one, so hopefully this will help.

Family is doing well. All three of my daughters moved back home due to Covid-19 and luckily for me they're fun and easy to have around, it's been really great having them around the house, it's never boring.

I hope all is going with you, family and tank also!
DanG, Greggz, zivvel and 5 others like this.

post #604 of 606 (permalink) Old 07-12-2020, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigityDog70 View Post
@Ken Keating1 What's your take on UV Sterilizers? Do you run one occasionally as needed on a schedule or other? I couldnít see one in your journal and am simply curious. Thanks, it's always a pleasure to read your posts. Fishroom Bum
Hi DD70, sorry for such a slow response.

I currently don't have a UV sterilizer, though I've thought many times about getting one. I think they would be good to have, especially if one had expensive fish and one wanted to keep as many pathogens out of
the water column as possible. Hopefully others that have UV sterilizers will chime in and provide their thoughts
Greggz and DigityDog70 like this.

post #605 of 606 (permalink) Old 07-12-2020, 03:04 PM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Keating1 View Post
Thanks G48 for checking up on me! Other than the cancer, all is going well. The tank is in jungle mode, so tomorrow I plan on performing a big trim and cleaning out the canisters. I'm finding out that during the summer the tank is put on the back burner, there's just to many other things to do.

Regarding the cancer, last week I had CT scan and it showed the main tumor growing after six months of getting smaller. This is not unusual for pancreatic cancer. So the doctor changed the chemo regime to new one, so hopefully this will help.

Family is doing well. All three of my daughters moved back home due to Covid-19 and luckily for me they're fun and easy to have around, it's been really great having them around the house, it's never boring.

I hope all is going with you, family and tank also!
Good to hear from you Ken. Can certainly understand the "during the summer the tank is put on the back burner, there's just to many other things to do" comment. Likely applies to many of us.

Was hoping for continued success (getting smaller) with the cancer, but as you stated, certain things are "not unusual". Hopefully the new regime will not have any more or new side effects.
Nice to know the daughters are still around - likely keeps the mind distracted :-)
DanG, Greggz, zivvel and 2 others like this.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
post #606 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 01:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
I know many here have enjoyed following this thread for the past several years.

Please take a moment to read the thread below started by Ken's daughters.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...l#post11371347

---
---

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode