55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Ray's Journey to Zen

Rayís journey to zen
[censored]
Hi everyone, to introduce myself, my name is Ray and Iím into shrimping and planted aquariums. Iíve kept planted aquariums for over 20+ years. Iím decent with planted aquariums but not the best at aquascapes. Iíve had a few people (Jap and Dou) assist me previously with a few scapes for advice on improving them. Lots of photos of my shrimps and plants on Instagram @rwaquariumpages if youíre interested.
[censored]
Hopefully this thread will document my journey of scaping this ADA 90P aquarium and cabinet from Pat at Canadian Aquatics.
[censored]
My long term goal is to house 3x 90p and a 120p scaped with a sofa in the middle as a destress room. But let me start with one ada90p and letís see if this is a disaster.
Iíve had the aquarium for a month or so and finally got some 16 manazita branches from Timís Shrimpery and Aquatics.
[censored]
My son was super excited and it was like lego, he helped me design this practice hardscape with the wood. He was very excited playing with the pieces of wood.
I canít scape it yet as the aquarium isnít in itís final location at my place and also I need to paint the cabinet to gunmetal grey to match my other ada like cabinets. Fortunately I connected with my cabinet buddy and he mentioned to paint when itís warmer above 12C, so a few more months till I paint the cabinet.
[censored]
Itíll be a slow project, and Iíve made sketches of how Iíd like to scape this tank. Itíll be a triangular layout from left to right (my other 90pís will be centre and right to left, to complete the room)
[censored]
Hereís a few photos of the progress and Iíll post photos throughout my journey.
Have a great day!
[censored]
[censored]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
MCFC and tredford like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 09:42 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwong2k View Post
Rayís journey to zen
[censored]
Hi everyone, to introduce myself, my name is Ray and Iím into shrimping and planted aquariums. Iíve kept planted aquariums for over 20+ years. Iím decent with planted aquariums but not the best at aquascapes. Iíve had a few people (Jap and Dou) assist me previously with a few scapes for advice on improving them. Lots of photos of my shrimps and plants on Instagram @rwaquariumpages if youíre interested.
[censored]
Hopefully this thread will document my journey of scaping this ADA 90P aquarium and cabinet from Pat at Canadian Aquatics.
[censored]
My long term goal is to house 3x 90p and a 120p scaped with a sofa in the middle as a destress room. But let me start with one ada90p and letís see if this is a disaster.
Iíve had the aquarium for a month or so and finally got some 16 manazita branches from Timís Shrimpery and Aquatics.
[censored]
My son was super excited and it was like lego, he helped me design this practice hardscape with the wood. He was very excited playing with the pieces of wood.
I canít scape it yet as the aquarium isnít in itís final location at my place and also I need to paint the cabinet to gunmetal grey to match my other ada like cabinets. Fortunately I connected with my cabinet buddy and he mentioned to paint when itís warmer above 12C, so a few more months till I paint the cabinet.
[censored]
Itíll be a slow project, and Iíve made sketches of how Iíd like to scape this tank. Itíll be a triangular layout from left to right (my other 90pís will be centre and right to left, to complete the room)
[censored]
Hereís a few photos of the progress and Iíll post photos throughout my journey.
Have a great day!
[censored]
[censored]

Just saw you posted this on Planted Tank group on FB, excited to see the progress. Goodluck!
rwong2k likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RyanP

post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 10:28 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Were you cursing a lot in your first post or did something else go wrong? I'm seeing lots of [censored] ??
rwong2k, Greggz and tredford like this.

Blue Moon Rising!!!

My Journal -

(Retired)

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 01:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFC View Post
Were you cursing a lot in your first post or did something else go wrong? I'm seeing lots of [censored] ??
Yeah usually the [censored] doesn't start until there is water in the tank!!
rwong2k, MCFC and Grobbins48 like this.

---
---
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
Yeah usually the [censored] doesn't start until there is water in the tank!!
heh i have no idea. i wrote it in word and copy and pasted it and then it had that heh

Greggz likes this.

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Photo of one of my current fish rooms. slowly converting it to a gallery format with 3x90p and a 120p.

itll be a slow project but enjoying every step of the way

Greggz, ScrubbyDick, MCFC and 1 others like this.

post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 02:58 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

How's the shrimp breeding coming? I remember seeing a pic of a bunch of rimless tanks stacked on top of each other a little while ago?

(this is Stu from FB, in case my tank didn't give it away )
rwong2k likes this.

Blue Moon Rising!!!

My Journal -

(Retired)
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFC View Post
How's the shrimp breeding coming? I remember seeing a pic of a bunch of rimless tanks stacked on top of each other a little while ago?

(this is Stu from FB, in case my tank didn't give it away )
thx shrimp rack and shrimp breeding is going well.

photos.of my shrimp on my ig @rwaquariums

MCFC likes this.

post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

added a frosty film background to the aquarium.

easier than i first thought

added this for an optical illusion effect so the aquarium and scape looks larger

tredford likes this.

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

added the soil today and played with this rockscape to start

initially the slope on the right side wasn't high enough so added another bag of soil

tredford likes this.

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

played with adding some manzanita branches to the hardscape as practice with my sons and they had a lot of fun

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 12:35 AM
Algae Grower

oh my goodness your sons are adorable! tank looks good too :P makes me want to swap out my wood for something similar.
rwong2k likes this.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by asliceofkate View Post
oh my goodness your sons are adorable! tank looks good too makes me want to swap out my wood for something similar.
thx thx for the kind words.

better yet, set up a new aquarium

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Merry Christmas everyone.

my sons and I were tweaking the hardscape and had a lot of fun.
still adjusting here and there, walking away and tweaking some more. lots.of time before the other parts.

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Project mahaha: Rayís Journey to Zen Project.[censored] 3 x ADA 90P

Left one is a triangle layout from right high to low left.
Middle one is a island layour
Right one is a triangle layout from left high to low right.

Drawings my sons and I came up with, he totally enjoys the process

tredford likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode