Time for an update on things.
For starters, my Italian Valisneria had gotten very ingrown, so I pulled it all out and replanted some of the slightly smaller plants with enough space between to allow them to throw runners. I think it looks pretty awful by comparison, but sometimes you just need to trim things up. Knowing, val, it'll grow back in over the next 4 weeks or so.
I've also shown the whole tank here. The left half of my tank is basically being used to store plants I don't have a lot of room for, or that aren't doing well, or weren't doing well when I got them.
There's still some dwarf saggitaria floating as it came up with the val and is difficult to plant due to the thin depth of my substrate. Plus, with my CO2 levels being relatively low, these sometimes struggle to root well. (after typing that I just went and raised my light a bit higher, I might not have algae, but my dwarf sag will likely be much happier with reduced lighting to better match the natural CO2 level in my low-tech tank.
Here's a quick shot from above of the various plants on the left, with the buce theia blue. It's got some good color and whatever the fuzz was that grew on it has since subsided. The new growth is beginning to come in, and it's very small by comparison, again, low natural CO2 levels. I angled my cannister outflow towards the top of the tank to hopefully help bring some of the surface water to the bottom of the tank in the hopes it might increase CO2 a touch. (Or it'll just off-gas the CO2 generated by my fish and bacteria, hard to know.)
Lastly, here is a small vase I have. It's growing some giant duckweed, frogbit, dwarf water lettuce, and that dark green spot is a leaf from an anubias nana down below everything. There's also some mystery moss that was labeled "Christmas moss" but until I get CO2 and higher lighting on it, it's the same as every moss I've had, including java, it's just a bit thicker stranded and branching a bit more.