65 gallon Iwagumi style Paludarium for vampire crabs. - Page 8 - The Planted Tank Forum
 72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
@KayakJimW this update is just for you buddy! Although I swear I took a picture of the crypt. but it is nowhere on to be found my phone.

Whole tank shot:

[IMG][/IMG]

Here are the 2 java ferns

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Volunteer fern growing nicely:

[IMG][/IMG]

Buce wavey green is starting to take hold:

[IMG][/IMG]

I've got some moss that has turned orange. Not sure if this is a deficiency. They are in the brightest lit spots. All other moss looks fine:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also super excited about this one put my pitcher is starting to produce new cups!:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'll get a picture of the crypt soon.
Desert Pupfish and aquanerd13 like this.

Well that's just like.........your opinion man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Thanks! That NLJF looks so good, I need to give mine a pep talk for being a slacker

Glad to see your pitcher is thriving too, such a cool plant

92% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
post #108 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakJimW View Post
Thanks! That NLJF looks so good, I need to give mine a pep talk for being a slacker

Glad to see your pitcher is thriving too, such a cool plant
Thanks!

Yeah I didn't notice till I took the picture but that is the dead cup from the pitcher directly below the new one that's growing. Circle of life and all that.
KayakJimW and aquanerd13 like this.

post #109 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here's that crypt:

[IMG][/IMG]

post #110 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Also couldn't get a photo of them since they are so tiny but I now have shrimplets from the super tigers in my sump. I may move a couple of the adults to the main tank now.
varanidguy and aquanerd13 like this.

post #111 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hello, sorry to use your post! Just didn’t think it would be worth to create a new post for a simple question. 😃

Does anyone know if limestone is a good choice of rock for a Geosesarma? I understand they prefer a little high ph and a little hard water, which I think limestone does... am i correct?

Best regards,

Dash
post #112 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Cun View Post
Hello, sorry to use your post! Just didnít think it would be worth to create a new post for a simple question. 😃

Does anyone know if limestone is a good choice of rock for a Geosesarma? I understand they prefer a little high ph and a little hard water, which I think limestone does... am i correct?

Best regards,

Dash
Honestly have no idea

post #113 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Couple pictures here is the pitcher cup from the previous post:

[IMG][/IMG]

Volunteer fern getting bigger:

[IMG][/IMG]

Microgramma vacciniifolia starting to branch out:

[IMG][/IMG]

The land portion is growing just fine. The water not so much. All the crypt parva melted and has not come back, dwarf horsetail did not fare well either. All I'm left with is Java fern and a few sad looking crypts. May be looking for some other plants to fill out the water portion. Any suggestions?

[IMG][/IMG]

post #114 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So I made a trip to LFS store last week. They sometimes have geosesarma crabs but I didn't have any luck. Instead I took home 8 beckfordi pencilfish. I also got some more crypt. parva and some micro chain sword to see if they hold up better in the water section. I might eventually add a more powerful spot light for the water area.

I also got some scuds monia and cyclops to culture. I add some of them to the sump not sure if they will all live in there or just the scuds.

I put in a order for 6 epiplatys annulatus, 6 sparkling gouramis, 6 otto cats and 12 pygmy corys. This will probably be it for fish unless I get more pencilfish.

I have another lfs that says they are getting some crabs in this week. There is also another one that has them but they can't give me good species info.
KayakJimW likes this.

post #115 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Tried to get a few quick shots of the fauna so far.

beckfordi pencilfish

[IMG][/IMG]

sparkling gourami

[IMG][/IMG]

Epiplatys annulatus

[IMG][/IMG]

pygmy cory cats

[IMG][/IMG]

Otto cat

[IMG][/IMG]

Bump: Whole tank shot

[IMG][/IMG]

post #116 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I am definitely liking the mix of fish in the tank. Last night I dumped a bunch of springtails in the water and the clown killies went nuts over them. It was cool to watch them pick them off one by one. I also am liking the pygmy corys, watching them school and dart up to the surface to gulp some air is fun. I may somewhere down the line get more of the pygmy corys and beckfordi pencilfish to try and get a little more schooling going on. I may also try and get a bigger fish that will serve as a threat to get them into tighter schools, the tricky part is getting something they will see as a threat, but wont harm shrimp. Any suggestions?

post #117 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

No one thinks my fish are cool

I know what you all want.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm withholding all other crab related pictures. MY FISH MUST BE ACKNOWLEDGED lol.
ipkiss, KayakJimW and varanidguy like this.

post #118 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 07:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Are those clown killies? I love the fish selection and also MOAR CRABS! lol

Seriously, you're doing a fantastic job here, kudos to you. The entire set up is stunning!

|
post #119 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
Are those clown killies? I love the fish selection and also MOAR CRABS! lol

Seriously, you're doing a fantastic job here, kudos to you. The entire set up is stunning!
Yes as a matter of fact they are clown killies, thank you for asking! Ha Ha. It's probably obvious that I have to work on my fish photography skills but they look fine on my phone but when I put them on here they look like hot garbage. Although I think the one of the sparkling gourami turned out well. The killies are starting to color up better so I will need get some better pics of them.

As far as the crabs unfortunately one of the six died shortly after putting them in there. Out of the other five I only see one out and about for the most part. I am not panicking yet cause I used to not see my old crabs for months at a time lol. Hopefully they are hiding and will come out when they feel more comfortable. I was not a huge fan of how the crabs were shipped. They had a good bit of water in the bag with a few Styrofoam peanuts and 3 crabs were to a bag. The last time I got crabs shipped they were individually bagged in small cordon breather bags with just a very tiny bit of water in the bag. These crabs were probably sloshed around the whole trip and if I had to guess couldn't hold on to the floating peanuts that well and were probably latching on to each other during the trip. Hopefully the others are still kicking it and won't become isopod food.

Thank you for the kind words! The tank looks like it is starting the phase where everything will hopefully take off and start filling more. One way or another I will make sure there are MOAR CRABS ha ha.
varanidguy likes this.

post #120 of 142 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So over the long weekend I was feeding my isopods Repashy Bug Burger and figured I'd throw some in the sump to see if the shrimp would like it. They want absolutely hog wild for it. After the initial trail I put some more in the next day. They were eating it before it hit the bottom of the tank!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I am amazed how fast the shrimp population has grown. I am also probably the only one, but I am beyond excited that I have pest snails in the sump. Probably from the plants I got with the shrimp.

Tags
paludarium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode