After enough work to make me sore all over, the 90P is up and running. Pretty happy with how the scape itself turned out. I do need to finish planting it, and tie down the Anubias Iím trying to root onto the driftwood. I also have a rather healthy Hastifolia that Iím trying to decide what to do with. Itíd be nice to migrate it, but not sure where yet. Overall, not perfect, but good enough. Iím also really liking the extra 5-6Ē of space from front to back compared to the previous tank, makes it so much easier to build the scape.
The previous tank was getting a bit overgrown with Pennywort. I kept some trimmings, but still wound up culling more than half of what was in the tank. Iím still trying to identify a couple plants to make sure they are the ones I want to keep, so the tank is a little sparse for the moment. Val and Crypt Spiralis probably shouldnít both be in the tank, for example, and I think the Spiralis was sending runners that also look a lot like Dwarf Sag.
Also wondering if maybe I should root some moss on the driftwood and maybe use some of the Buce I was planning on using in the 60U.
I also noticed the bow in the tank. I forgot the rimless tanks did this, but it was visible with the mesh lid in place. Measured at 1 mm total bow (45.1 cm vs 45 cm empty). Seems fine for this size tank, with 10 mm walls. It just is a bit unnerving to see the curve of the glass like this when you are used to rimmed tanks.
Also glad I ran across the vinyl back for this. The 5% transparency looks pretty black in most cases, and it was fairly cheap for the 2x3í cut I needed. I personally like the little bit of transparency but i can see how some might not.
Also including a shot of the old tank as it was a couple months ago, before the pennywort took over.
Last edited by Kaiede; 10-29-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Reason: Fixing Image Rotations