Today I will show you my planted tank. I have been watching all those interesting journals, such as burr's, Greggz's etc. and I learned many things from all you guys. Thanks for that!
22" x 14" x 16" 20 gallons
A cheap plastic inline (like UpAqua).
Tried many. Reactor blocks if there isn't powerful canister filter, glass diffuser needs cleaning every so and replacement again every so. With this I'm fine. Been using it about a year now.
One canister, Astro dophin 2208 with 700l/h nominal flow and a small dophin kf150 internal filter with just a sponge in it just for surface aggitation.
seachem flourite black
Macros 3x week:
Gh: 5 (19ppm from CaSO4.2H2O, 5ppm from CaCl2.2H2O and 6ppm from MgSO4.7H2O)
Micros (was 3x week but started with burr's recipesince the past week):
.08ppm fe gluc from flourish iron
.02 fe from flourish comprehensive
Was not happy with the results. Pale colours and whenever I tried to increase the dosage, I had a breakout of hair and dust algae.
Now (3x week for now, will change to every day when plants get used to it):
Will use Greggz's spreadsheet in the future, it's easier.
Bulbs from front to back:
Juwel day 8000k
Juwel nature 4000k
110par max at substrate. I will change a bulb with a blue one (juwel hilite blue) but I don't know which one
3 cardinal tetra
6 glowlight tetra
2 amano shrimps
Some physa fontinalis and ramshorn snails
Well, here is my little 20g tank as it is now. Many changes since I initially started it, many mistakes (till now), but still trying.
A photo from my cabinet with the barrel where I prepare the water for the water change (60% every week 100% r/o) and all this stuff:
The only algae I'm currently battling, dust algae. Here is in the substrate. In this place I have the max par and there are no plants. Maybe if monte carlo reach this place, will be ok
Forgive pogostemon erectus. This guy doesn't love uprooting, needs time to recover.
Limnophila aromatica with some sort of deficiency, Fe I think:
Rotala rotundifolia going nice:
Rotala sp. green trying to recover from hell (was completely stunted because of many changes I had done in once):
And here is my helper, iAqua controller: