Sorry for the long absence, I'm back with some updates!
After that 2nd temperature melt, I replaced the plants once again... and bought some new ones. The tank still isn't scaped how I want it, it's one big grow out tank at this point. I'm waiting for the plants to get into the submersed state so I can plant the tops, and scape how I want it. Also having some bad GSA, added 1ppm more po4/cleaned diffuser and raised co2. I'm paranoid of po4 since my cyano outbreak where I had 10+ppm po4. I got it under control and keep it at 1-2. The temperature is finally getting cooler so I should finally be able to finish the scape without anymore melts. Don't know what I'm going to do next summer for the heat though. The driftwood will stay in the tank until the scape grows in, it's not part of the scape. The amanos live on it, and loaches under it. This is the tank as of today.
Managed to save a few 2-3 inch stumps of ludwigia sp red after the last melt, ended up recovering nicely.(top view)
Added the 9 otos from the qt into dt last morning, and today I have eggs on the filter output. 99% sure it's theirs. I didn't clean the tank glass in the past month so they clean it, didn't expect them to clean up overnight.
Pogostemon erectus bounced back and grew a good bit over the past month.
The Fluval 3.0 came in last night, hooked it up today, picture for size comparison. I plan on running both the 2.0 and the 3.0 lights, but today I'm just running the 3.0 on full. So far I like it a lot more than the 2.0, not even for the bluetooth, but for the size difference, and the weight.
The co2 has been a bit inconsistent the past month, I had to lower it to not lose anymore amanos, and I haven't lost any since. Also the inline atomizer was clogged with diatoms and wasn't diffusing much, so even though the bubble counter was good, I wasn't getting good diffusion. Anyways, I soaked it in h2o2 overnight and it's back to it's former self. I've been turning it up slowly and watching the amanos. If I'm going to run both lights, I want max co2 without any more deaths. As for ferts, I've just been frontloading mainly 2 tbsp GH booster after wc along with 1/16 PO4, and micros 1/8 tsp daily. I'm reading about 20-40 NO3, and 2 PO4. I'm removing the blyxa japonica as it's giving me the same problems as before. It's growing and trapping all the debris and it's rotting inside the bush. Not to mention the plant itself keeps melting half it's leaves and floating around the tank. I thought I was starting to get hair algae, but it was blyxa leaves decaying on other plants. The fry I saved, I managed to only keep 1 alive till now sadly. He's in a 2.5G that's 1/3 full and I do daily 6-9 cup water changes for him. Crushed flakes/hatching brine shrimp every other day, alternating. @Greggz
Thanks for the support, the pictures should be up now! Only imageshack works, for me at least.