2Likes
  • 1 Post By HiBRiD109
  • 1 Post By HiBRiD109

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
HiBRiD's 75g Community

I upgraded my 29g to a 75g. I just finished planting and transferring the fish over. I hooked up my new Sunsun 304b and my cycled Sunsun 302. 3 days in and so far parameters are holding steady.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0904182009.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	868493

Equipment:
75g used tank
Reskinned and painted DIY 75g stand
Aquaneat Plant +24/7 wired to a TC420 LED programmer
SunSun 304b with 302 until 304b is cycled
Hydor 200W in-line heater
Inkbird heater controller

Filter Media: (Bottom to Top)
Tray 1: Sunsun coarse sponge and fine sponge
Tray 2: 2 Sunsun fine sponges
Tray 3: Sunsun fine sponge with 1.5 cups of Seachem Matrix
Tray 4: 3 cups of Seachem Matrix and 100ml of Seachem Purigen

Substrate:
100 lbs Black Diamond Blasting Sand 20/40 Grit

Hardscape:
Drift wood
River Rock

Flora:
Java Fern
Needle Java Fern
Java Moss
Jungle Val
Dwarf Sag
Anubias
Crypts
Frogbit
Duckweed

Fauna:
Gold Severum
Electric Blue Acara
2 Bolivian Rams
9 Neon Tetras
7 Panda Corys
SAE
3 Otos
Unknown amount of hidden Cherry Shrimp (10-20)
LittleSquishy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by HiBRiD109; 09-05-2018 at 02:12 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I'm waiting for the driftwood to become waterlogged. I only had what was in my 29g for plants and I didn't want to order more since the Sev may eat it or pick at it. He's only touched my amazon sword, which was full of holes so I discarded it when I transferred, and maybe some Val every so often. I knew Severums eat plants so I knew I may be restricted to certain plants.

Any recommendations on aquascaping?

It's low tech but I use Flourish tabs and weekly dose Easy Green (Macros) and Flourish Comp which the floaters will absorb any extra ferts. I also plan on putting a Pothos at the top to abosrb extra nitrates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Name:	1002181650a.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	870063

Just an update, its been about a little over a month. Finally getting over a diatom outbreak. Lost 2 panda corys and 3 Neon Tetras. I am mixing in KanaPlex and Focus to the food. No signs on why, I've had them for 8-10 months but maybe there is a parasite or bacterial infection. Water parameters have been a rock steady Amm 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 20ppm.

Thinking of rehoming the neons and SAE. Neons are always hiding, must be the severum but he doesnt bother anybody except maybe moving the rams out of the way for food. Might find a larger sized schoaling fish. I like the idea of giant danios as they move a round a lot but I dont have enough room for a schoal of 6. I like the SAE but he's become fat and doesn't eat hair algae anymore, just fish food. He/She thinks it's part of the rams. Always hanging out with them and chasing them, quite funny.

Name:	1002181651.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	870065

The sev has pulled up most of the dwarf sag, might pull the rest and try narrow leaf dwarf chainsword, he leaves the other plants alone, for now.

I feel like I need to add more hardscape to break up a few sight lines but I want to leave room for the severum and acara when they get large.
ChrisX likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 08:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

How are you oxygenating the water? I found in my planted 75g with two canister filters that there is very little gas exchange, the fish breathing was labored in the mornings before I added a pump that runs through the night when the CO2 is off.

The more plants you have, the more O2 will be taken from the water when lights are off.

IME, a HOB will add alot of O2 to the tank, but canisters do very little.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisX View Post
How are you oxygenating the water? I found in my planted 75g with two canister filters that there is very little gas exchange, the fish breathing was labored in the mornings before I added a pump that runs through the night when the CO2 is off.

The more plants you have, the more O2 will be taken from the water when lights are off.

IME, a HOB will add alot of O2 to the tank, but canisters do very little.
Chris,

I have the spray bar pointed up and it agitates the surface pretty well, so much that I have to keep the frogbit in a ring to keep it from dying off and getting all over. The fish don't seem to be struggling in the morning when I leave for work.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode