33 Long Window Tank - Page 9 - The Planted Tank Forum
 90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 129 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Ok, yeah, will do. Temp is 65 degrees in the tank right now. (My house is heated to 70 or 72 but it drops to 66 at night).
Discusluv likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Last edited by JJ09; 01-30-2020 at 12:13 AM. Reason: had a digit wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 06:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ09 View Post
Ok, yeah, will do. Temp is 65 degrees in the tank right now. (My house is heated to seventy but it drops to 68 at night).
Its worth a try,

post #123 of 129 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

thanks

|
|
|
|

post #124 of 129 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Well I didn't find my spare heater but nevermind, the fishes are all eating now!

I kept a backdrop on this tank, as fishes seem to feel more secure with a dark side.

At least, they have better color

And my white clouds sure are feeling spunky. Two males are sparring and flashing their fins at each other, it's really something to see. Lots of chasing around the tank. Of course they're too quick for my camera but here you can see two flaring at each other (lower right corner of the driftwood chunk), third fish is a streak with a stripe just to the right of that (probably a female)

Maybe I will get some minnow fry after all. That would be so cool.
Discusluv and Desert Pupfish like this.

|
|
|
|
post #125 of 129 (permalink) Old 01-27-2020, 11:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ09 View Post
Well I didn't find my spare heater but nevermind, the fishes are all eating now!

I kept a backdrop on this tank, as fishes seem to feel more secure with a dark side.

At least, they have better color

And my white clouds sure are feeling spunky. Two males are sparring and flashing their fins at each other, it's really something to see. Lots of chasing around the tank. Of course they're too quick for my camera but here you can see two flaring at each other (lower right corner of the driftwood chunk), third fish is a streak with a stripe just to the right of that (probably a female)

Maybe I will get some minnow fry after all. That would be so cool.
Yippee! (happy dance!)

post #126 of 129 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Yesterday my paradise fish didn't eat. Sitting in a corner just below the surface. I looked close- ugh, he's swollen around the vent again and I think I saw a red worm hanging. I did the tedious meticulous gravel vac job with a fifty percent water change on the three affected tanks today, then dosed the second round of levamisole and draped towels over to keep them dark. Sigh.

At least the guppies and white clouds are still flitting around with plenty of energy.

|
|
|
|
post #127 of 129 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Uncovered the tanks and did all the huge water changes. Laddie chased up and down the front glass eager for food almost immediately. Glad to see that.

|
|
|
|
post #128 of 129 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I suppose I should post an update tho I have no pics to share. Things have been kinda crummy here. Well, my fishes are all still alive. I did third treatment but not quite on the right day and wasn't able to clean all the tanks after properly. The guppy 20L got a huge wc but this tank hasn't yet at all- white clouds in here look fine but my paradise fish has clear/white poo again I'm so frustrated with it but unfortunately can't do much. Very long story short- my house had serious plumbing issues and is not habitable right now. Fumes make me feel very ill, trouble thinking, headaches and all. Had plumbers out three times already and it's still not fixed. Staying temporarily with relatives next town over. I go to the house to check on things, water the plants, feed the cat and fishes once a day- but ten minutes in the house and I feel ill again. Managed to clean the guppy tanks but didn't have the time to do this one. I hope I will soon- early next week looks like the repair will get done. But meanwhile I'm pretty sure Laddie still has the parasites and I don't know if will every shake it. Feeling very down. At least I can work on starting the garden outside (not feel affected by the problem indoors) some of the plants already think it's spring!

|
|
|
|
post #129 of 129 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 01:40 AM
Wannabe Guru

ugh, sorry to hear about the issues. your health is paramount so take care of yourself first! hang in there! a step back from the tanks may not be a bad thing either. wishing you better fortunes down the road.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode