20g Iwagumi - Mt. Saitama - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Byronyk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
20g Iwagumi - Mt. Saitama

Over the last year, I've been obsessively focused on my 250 gallon Saltwater tank. With things calming down, I wanted to try my hand at my first Iwagumi style aquarium, and this is it:

Mt. Saitama

Equipment
Tank: UNS 20 Gallon (24x14x14)
Filter: Fluval 206
Light: Twinstar 600ES
Heater: Jaeger 75w

Substrate/Rocks
Rock: Seiryu
Substrate: ADA Amazonia (Powder)

Fauna
HC Cuba
Staurogyne repens
Fissidens Geppi
Mini Pellia
Pogostemon Helferi

This is a video journal where I share my experiences through my video content. I'll always post updates with images, however any major update will be in a video format.
jbvamos likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Most/all of my plants should be arriving tomorrow or Thursday. I'm going to begin the DSM for all the plants in my fauna list.

I'm kind of torn at methods to add my Fissidens. I'm either thinking the milkshake method (without the actual yogurt), or the "Moss Mud" method which is nearly the same, except you mix the moss with some crushed substrate.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Only 2 of my 5 plants have arrived (S Repens + Fissidens Geppi). I've planted the S Repens and put the moss in the tank (until I have time to do the milkshake method (without yogurt)).

DSM started! (For some!)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hardscape Complete

It's been a long week... Building this hardscape was cathartic. Anyways, DSM is in full effect with the one plant that survived the god awful shipping of BucePlants. They shipped to Texas without a cool/ice pack. It's been over 100 ALL week. Come on...

I'm going to an LFS that has quality plants this weekend (a long drive). Here's the build process.

https://youtu.be/yJBVMVePDtY
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 02:03 PM
Algae Grower

Doing aquascapes with rock and sand is one of my favorite things. It's been totally cathartic!

I bought some moss from Buceplant that didn't make it. I asked for a replacement and they sent me another. Same thing. Dead in this heat. I did get credit in the end however. They do have excellent customer service but really need to figure out their shipment routine. I have a $125 order of plants that's supposed to be delivered on Monday and the entire route the plants are taking to get here are having a heatwave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronyk View Post
Hardscape Complete

It's been a long week... Building this hardscape was cathartic. Anyways, DSM is in full effect with the one plant that survived the god awful shipping of BucePlants. They shipped to Texas without a cool/ice pack. It's been over 100 ALL week. Come on...

I'm going to an LFS that has quality plants this weekend (a long drive). Here's the build process.

https://youtu.be/yJBVMVePDtY
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Algae Grower

Following along. I like the rock layout and how the path moves up the centre. Im surprised that you didnt use any coreflute for such a steep slope. Have you noticed any substrate sliding down the hill?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode