The Planted Tank Forum banner

Annette's Loach Tank

503 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  awknits 
#1 ·
Hey all, this just got started yesterday. It's a 50 gal, dimensions are 37x18x18". I got it from a friend who's had it for 25 years or so and was ready to get rid of it.

It's currently housing 5 large Yoyo loaches and 4 random guppies. I don't know how old the loaches are but they are a good 4-5" in length.

Included in the freebie deal were two Penguin 400 filters with tons of accessories, a large sponge filter and air pump, and heater. She basically gave me the whole kit and kaboodle including the 50 ft python (yes!) The light is by Coralife, I have no clue how old it is.

I bought a 50lb back of pool filter sand, and I'm pleased that it wasn't start white. To start I just added the rocks and wood she had, I put in a few of the plastic plants. Today I bought a few anubias nana and added a large plant of my own.

So this is the start of something new. I'm hoping I can grow some plants, but those loaches definitely stir up the sand.

7-23-18 (3) by Annette's Emporium, on Flickr

7-23-18 (2) by Annette's Emporium, on Flickr

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.