Low Tech 10G AGA - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Low Tech 10G AGA

Hey there! I was actually on the phone with Bulkreefsupply ordering my new light and he recommended this forum, ironic no?

So a little back story first, I had FW tanks for as long as I can remember, but a while ago I caught the reefing bug so I've been doing that. I moved away from home and the reef tank and I can't set one up in the rental, but the landlord agreed to let me set up a <10g tank. So here I am. I originally started out with the Fluval Spec V, I found myself upgrading and changing everything about it so I picked up some more powerful equipment and ditched the spec. I liked the spec, and I'm surpised how many people here can make one so pretty and maintain it. No matter what I did I couldn't keep the algae down even with a pretty low biolad, frequent water changes, and some upgrades to the filtration section.

So 10g. I may have it a bit over stocked, but I think I'm going to sell/return the black tetras.
10G Low Tech by Roger Klein, on Flickr

Here's some pictures from the spec v:
Reginald by Roger Klein, on Flickr
Black Tetra by Roger Klein, on Flickr
Black Tetra Trio by Roger Klein, on Flickr
Long View by Roger Klein, on Flickr

I don't have any more pictures from it, because that was the best it ever looked, which is sad.

So, I must admit, I'm horrible at FW aquascape so you'll have to bear with me until I can do a bit more. haha.
Glad to be here!

P.S. RAdion hasn't arrived yet, should be here tomorrow, I'll update when it comes!

Low Tech 10G AGA | Fluval C2 | Radion XR15 FW Pro | Aqueon 100W Heater

Last edited by fetcherr; 06-26-2018 at 06:28 PM. Reason: P.S.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode