my 170 gallon. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
dom
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
my 170 gallon.

rescaped 2 weeks ago....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brand new forum for aquascaping hobbyist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 02:52 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
From what I can see in those photos, I like it...

I like the opposing grass effects on the sides you have with an open center... a background would do wonders to the overall effect but it looks like you can view this tank from both sides which is even better for you ! What I would do for a 2 sided tank that I had was to hang a blanket on one side for photos to bring out the tank detail in a photo. Painted cardboard works too but a blanket is easier, you would have to find a refrigeratot box to cover that tank ! LOL

Also try a tripod or setting the camera on something to steady it and it will help get a better photo, those are some blurry photos !

Great looking tank, I would love to see a better quality photo of this monster !
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to depthC Send a message via MSN to depthC
I like it. The open center with the sides filled in is an awesome setup. Well for your setup that is. I would love to have a desk that i could just look through the center and see the other room. Well you get what im saying, i like it.

Blurry photos, but take bucks advice and they should look considerably better.

Andrew

Whats in your glass box?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Hop
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I will agree that they are a little blurry, but I do like the effect that the tank creates. Good work. I also think that you need to move the phone to one side or the other or add a few more to balance it in the aqua scape
Just kiddin. Nice

Currently tankless for the first time in 24 years... Getting the itch again
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
I can only dream of having a tank viewable from both sides. Is it scaped to be viewed from both sides or just one? I would like to see pics from the other side.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
dom
Algae Grower

thank you very much for the comments. I am very appreciate it. I will try to get a big piece of black blanket to cover the other side. There are some plants still floating on top which i don't have time to arrange it well. I will try to take better pic later. And of coz will take both sides.

The tank acting as a partition to seperate my dining room and living room. So, it is 3 sides view.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 03:22 AM
Algae Grower

Dom,
I like the idea of the multisided tank. I am trying to figure out how to set up my 125, and will probably start building the stand soon. Any comments on the pro's or con's to your setup? Could you post a photo from a little farther back so we can get a feel for the room?

Thanks!

Working on setting up my 75G after a few year break thanks to a house flood.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 03:52 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

You've definitely taken on a challenge to create a three-side viewable aquascape and you've done a great job. I really like your innovative use of a telephone in the aquascape, I've never seen that before

The computer allows you to make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
Nice aquascape. I reall like an aquascape that you can enjoy from several sides. But I would have prefered a 3 sided view.

What I mean by that is if you arraigned the plants on one end of the tank and have and open area on the other side you can view the aquascape from 3 sides. By having the tall grass on two ends of the tank, even it does look nice it does block the 3rd area of view.

BTW It would be best to remove the angels and place them in a larger tank, at least 50 gal. Looking at the first picture, your fish really have everything they need even a telephone!!! But please update it to a cell. LOL!!!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
dom
Algae Grower

thx for the comments. i will take the pic n post it tomorrow.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
dom
Algae Grower

as promised...

the other side of the cabinet not yet repaint...

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 04:12 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

That is an amazing tank. Wow what a huge sucker to. Nice job.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to the_noobinator
if i only had 1200 dollars or so....

30gal extra high:

10gal:

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Planted Member

I'm thinking of setting up something along these lines once I've found a place to stay for a while. Probably stuff it full of guppies

Looks nice - I like the more relaxed natural feel.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to the_noobinator
haha if you want a tank full of guppies, get 5 and wait a couple months.
this tank looks nice. that middle ground is a perfect place for a little beach and an aquatic crab sparring ring. j/k

30gal extra high:

10gal:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode