My first high tech tank - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Austin1021

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hello guys , I’ve always asked all the questions and bugged everyone on here and finally I got everything close to ready. I wanted to create a journal for anyone interested anyone like me that is starting there first high tech tank . I haven’t set anything up yet but I have everything orderd for it except the plants and fish .(BTW if anyone has a ton of plants to sell I have a post in classified for all my plants.) I have one guy I think that has everything I need but doesn’t hurt to ask more . Anyways I’ll post everything I orderd and post pics as everything comes.

Lighting- ( SB reef / freshwater planted lighting ) idk if anyone has heard of them but this is the best lighting I’ve ever seen at a affordable price
my buddie has a few and they are absolutely amazing don’t see many people talking about them on here but check them out.
Substrate- ADA Amazonia light...yeah I broke down and got it. Was a lot but I figured it would be worth it . almost got Bruce plants nature soil but I got a good deal on 2 bags of ada got 2 bags 9 l for 70$ at local shop .
Supports- I bought two sheets of rain harvest drain cells. Idk if anyone has used them here but they are super cheap 3$ a sheet and they are 36 inches long by 20 or 25 was a lot bigger then I though one sheet is more then enough for this 30g.
Aquarium- 30g rimless tank got a amazing deal on it from my local aquarium store 120$ was too good to pass up .
Co2 system- Alan lee on the forums made my regulator its absolutely amazing. And for the time being just a regular defuser.
Filtration- Got a simple aqua clear 50 at this point I was running out of money lol . Regular heater. And SunSun wavemakers which are the best thing I’ve ever bough 9$ for 2 they have never had any problems in my big tank for years. Got myself some custom filter / floss and Seachem green .
Hardscape- deciding between sieryu stone and dragon stone .
Plants - I’ll update this as it gets close
Fish - Having a hard time Deciding this. I definitely want to do shrimp and stuff since my other tanks are cichlids. I really like galaxy rasboras I think they are for the shaoling fish then maybe a paradise fish with some algae eaters . I really would like some gouramis and or dwarf cichlids but I know that’s prob not gunna work with shrimp let me know what u guys think if you want . Really would like a school of fish with a centerpiece fish .

Update June 13th : Got my hardscape done. I meant to post pictures of the drainage cells that support the rocks .I was so tired I forgot , but I will be adding plants in a few days thanks !!!

Thanks for reading I will post pics of everything soon !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61491914-409B-48B7-89E9-9C5F865638AD_1528923031706.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	861521  

varanidguy and varanidguy like this.

Last edited by Austin1021; 06-13-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 09:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

Damn, I just did a really heavy trimming of my pogostemon yesterday and threw it all away. Not assuming you'd automatically be interested, but if you were, it would have been nothing to box 'em up and send them your way.

Everything looks really good, can't wait to see how it turns out! Are those SunSun wavemakers the JVP 110? If so, keep us posted how they work out for you. I have one and it's a beast, it was too powerful in a 40 breeder. It just blew the plants and fish around. AquaClear filters are some of the best, if not the best HOB filters on the market to this day. I'd suspect if you plant heavily, with that filter, you shouldn't have any parameter issues.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hey thanks and yeah they are the jvp that came in the 2 pack they are def strong Iíve had them in my cichlid tank going strong for a while yeah the main plants are gunna be HC and s repens pogostemon crypt Prava ludwigia sp red hygro some of the ones I liked still donít know a ton about plants so people prob have plants Iíd love on here that I donít know of yet but yeah thanks Iíve been patient hopefully everything will be here within the week only thing Iím waiting on is the lights and few other things Iíll definitely post pictures of the process

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 08:44 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Go seriyu. A bit more expensive because it's a denser stone than dragon stone but seriyu is more versatile in my opinion so in the end you'll get more bang for your buck.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode