my agonizingly long project, THE FISH ROOM - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to badmatt Send a message via MSN to badmatt Send a message via Yahoo to badmatt
my agonizingly long project, THE FISH ROOM

well here are soem pics of my fish room its still being build the room will not eb kept that blue it will be a mocha coloured walls make the rooms look nice and the floor will be painted grey.

only 8-10 tanks will be housed in this tiny 10x12 room nice lay out so i have lots of room and also a larger wlak in closet to hold the RO barrels/water-aging barrels and other equipment.

a 75 gallona dn a 29 gallon

a wall that whill hold a 180 gallon plywood or 2x125 gallons stacked on a 2 tier stand

Eheim Pimp Club Member #47
125G discus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other money Pit's
05 GTO- exhaust, tune, intake.
97 Bagged Sonoma - layin frame on 22's
00 GMC Jimmy.... DD stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to badmatt Send a message via MSN to badmatt Send a message via Yahoo to badmatt
my massive walk in closet for equipment products and water barrels.

a wall that will hold 6x20 gallons for dwarf cichli/aistograma breedign and fry grow out

yeh i know its a small fish room could easyly hold 30 tanks if i stacked them all but i dis liek stacked tanks 2 ties is ad much as ill go

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 04:14 AM

wow thats awesome i love that DIY cabinet u made (at least i think it is) keeep us posted!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

yeh thats my DIY stand

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

forgot to say

THIS I GOIGN TO BE A PLANTED FISH ROOM

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Looks like a fun project. What's your timeframe on getting it all "wet" (I won't say "done" because that's too subjective )?

Paul

"I'd like to think oysters transcend national barriers." - Roger Waters

Eheim Pimp Club Member #64

My old 100 Gallon SeaClear established 11/7/2004. 4 GE Daylight Ultras on IceCap VHO ballasts. 3" Eco-complete substrate. Eheim 2028, pressurized CO2, external reactor. 18 watt Turbo Twist UV.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 06:29 PM

WOW! I wouldn't make the whole thing planted, because that would be really frustrating. Does anyone here keep african cichlids???

-Joel
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalare altum
WOW! I wouldn't make the whole thing planted, because that would be really frustrating. Does anyone here keep african cichlids???

-Joel

joel i used to breed peacocks hapolochromis, and a few tnags.
what do you need to know?

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Running
Looks like a fun project. What's your timeframe on getting it all "wet" (I won't say "done" because that's too subjective )?
mid april my b-days is hopefully whne all the tanks are going to eb planted

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 08:21 PM
Planted Tank VIP

For the sake of your house I would strongly suggest a few things during the construction of the fish room.

1. Make sure you have outside ventilation directly into the fish room (A window at the very least, a ducted venting system is better)

2. Use ONLY Bathroom grade sheetrock for the walls or it will turn to mush with all the moisture.

3. Install an air conditioner that is rated for Kitchen use.

4. Install a floor drain.

A room that size will generate a LOT of heat and moisture. This is a deadly combo if the right precautions aren't taken. I have to vent my fish room 24 hours a day and thats only for just over 300 gallons of water. I still have to whipe the walls from time to time with fungicide to prevent mildew from forming.

If you have sufficient venting you may not need active cooling, but I would seriously consider it. My fish room COOKS in the summer and seeing the tanks hit 86 degrees is not uncommon (keep in mind I live in BC Canada, thats not really a hot place)

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDominy
For the sake of your house I would strongly suggest a few things during the construction of the fish room.

1. Make sure you have outside ventilation directly into the fish room (A window at the very least, a ducted venting system is better)

2. Use ONLY Bathroom grade sheetrock for the walls or it will turn to mush with all the moisture.

3. Install an air conditioner that is rated for Kitchen use.

4. Install a floor drain.

A room that size will generate a LOT of heat and moisture. This is a deadly combo if the right precautions aren't taken. I have to vent my fish room 24 hours a day and thats only for just over 300 gallons of water. I still have to whipe the walls from time to time with fungicide to prevent mildew from forming.

If you have sufficient venting you may not need active cooling, but I would seriously consider it. My fish room COOKS in the summer and seeing the tanks hit 86 degrees is not uncommon (keep in mind I live in BC Canada, thats not really a hot place)
wya wya wya ahead of you..... LOL

i got an air excnahger for this room.
and the walls are 5/8" firegard drywall

i have an airduct with a 120 CFM fan that will turn on it will be a room tempreture contolled fish room my friend chris Biggs is helping me with this.

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Just so you know Fire Rated Gypsum board isn't usually the same as moisture resistant. You can obviously buy Fire Rated (Type X generally) and moisture resistant, but I digress.

As a side note, did you ever think of tiling/pouring thin set concrete in over a rubber base sheet tied into the drain and carried up the wall 6"? (schluter system makes a good system) I always thought that would be a great idea for a fish room.. essentially a very large shower without the shower head.

Anyways, I am very interested in seeing how this room turns out. I don't think I have seen a planted tank 'fish room' yet. Should be quite nice.

- 2-T8 ODNO, AC300, HP CO2, Fluorite/Gravel

- 4-T8 ODNO, XP3, HP CO2, Fluorite
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via MSN to pufferfreak Send a message via Yahoo to pufferfreak
very nice, looking good so far, cant wait to see all those tanks planted!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

im hoping to ahve most of this done by april

since i go virtually no fish stuff for christmas.

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via MSN to pufferfreak Send a message via Yahoo to pufferfreak
you didnt? that sucks!! I got a complete auto co2 system for my 55, but I dont have a fish room! lol

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode