20long Planted Desk Build - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
20long Planted Desk Build

So this will be a setup of a couple weeks, taking my beta from a 5 gallon Fluval Chi to a 20 gallon long.

I have eco-complete substrate which I've never used before. Always used Amazonia which I've loved.
I hooked up my sunsun 375gph canister to it for some good filtration.
The shop light will be replaced within the next couple weeks with something better, I was hoping to get some suggestions from ya'll.
I am thinking medium light, fert with no CO2 as I do not have space for CO2 where it is.

The plan is for a carpet in the front that goes back about half way so it doesn't make my desk look crowded while sitting. Dwarf hair grass or Staurogyne Repens perhaps?
The hopes is to find a piece of drift wood that sits in the back and sticks out forward. If that makes sense. The carpet will transition into some blyxa japonica (maybe dwarf sag?)
and then finally into something like vallisneria?

Maybe you can picture what I am going for? low in the front... then tall in the back that potentially will hit the surface and go towards the front?
Typing outloud..

Anyway some suggestions on what plants to go with and lighting would be awesome!

Also should I cap the eco-complete or not?

Thanks guys and more pictures to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30771595_2194596087223445_852974589_o.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	847553  

Name:	30185076_2194596103890110_634066475_n.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	847561  

Name:	30185421_2194596380556749_1498566472_n.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	847569  

-Zachary-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

45g Planted Community Tank
29g Silver Dollar/Bichir Tank - Soon to be 55g
20long planted
5g Planted Fluval Chi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
No reason to cap Eco-Complete. I never had any luck with DHG in eco-complete, it's doing fine in sand though. My S. repens does just fine in the EC though. I also grew HC Cuba on EC without any issue.

I'd stick that SunSun in a RubberMaid tub, just in case it leaks. I've heard they're quite prone to that.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ah thanks for the information! Ive actually been running 3 for 4 years now. This one being my oldest with no problems. Maybe I've just been lucky?

-Zachary-

45g Planted Community Tank
29g Silver Dollar/Bichir Tank - Soon to be 55g
20long planted
5g Planted Fluval Chi

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode