Grobbins 75 Gallon Rainbowfish Tank (Updated filtration Dec 2020) - Page 70 - The Planted Tank Forum
 2832Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1036 of 1081 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
For those familiar with barclaya longifolia- does it look like this plant has some daughter bulbs? Seeing these smaller leaves that look like when I first got some small bulbs in.

Also, does this plant stay strong year round, or does it go dormant from time to time?
Econde likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1037 of 1081 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 02:04 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Mine stays strong all year.

If you pull the whole clump, you will have a bunch of smaller bulbs in there.

Pull them off and plant them and you could replant them. But then they would take over the entire tank!!
Immortal1 and Econde like this.

---
---
post #1038 of 1081 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
Mine stays strong all year.

If you pull the whole clump, you will have a bunch of smaller bulbs in there.

Pull them off and plant them and you could replant them. But then they would take over the entire tank!!
Good to know! Is there any harm in leaving the smaller bulbs with the mother plant for a while?
Greggz likes this.

|

post #1039 of 1081 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 02:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
Good to know! Is there any harm in leaving the smaller bulbs with the mother plant for a while?
No, it will just get thicker. I pull them to tame it a bit.
Grobbins48 likes this.

---
---
post #1040 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-02-2020, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Deep cleaning and some rearranging this weekend. Always seems to shine after some good TLC!

Couple weeks and it will be overgrown yet again!
Hendy8888, Greggz, ipkiss and 3 others like this.

|

post #1041 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-02-2020, 12:41 AM
Planted Tank Guru

The tank keeps getting better and better!

I like how the Crypts are creeping into the carpet. Never noticed them before but it's a good use.
Grobbins48 likes this.

---
---
post #1042 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-02-2020, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
The tank keeps getting better and better!

I like how the Crypts are creeping into the carpet. Never noticed them before but it's a good use.
Thanks! I am glad you mentioned the crypts in the grass. This is actually the exact look I was going for, just took a while for them to take well. Right now with the foreground I am trying to keep a more. natural transition. That is, until I get to the stems in the back! Then it is back to grouping.

I have never tried making the whole tank look more 'natural' and less grouped and sectioned. Hmm... maybe another time?
Greggz likes this.

|

post #1043 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-02-2020, 02:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Darn it.... I thought I was going to be the first one to get a dwarf crypt carpet going

Tank looks really good!
Greggz and Grobbins48 like this.

"No Ice? Just Freeze Some Water"

post #1044 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-02-2020, 05:11 PM
Algae Grower

Can you tell me what variety these dark coloured crypts are, please? Are they dwarf crypts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5E32586D-84B0-4931-B797-7150A14E22F7.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	904875  

Grobbins48 likes this.
post #1045 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-02-2020, 08:09 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ci* View Post
Can you tell me what variety these dark coloured crypts are, please? Are they dwarf crypts?

They appear to be Cryptocoryne wendtii. Iím not sure of the variant.

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grobbins48 likes this.

Tankful in Vancouver
post #1046 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-02-2020, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagulator View Post
Darn it.... I thought I was going to be the first one to get a dwarf crypt carpet going

Tank looks really good!
Thanks Quag! I still think you will win the carpet. And if I recall it is all flamingo? Mine didn't make it out of TC...
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ci* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS Fan View Post
They appear to be Cryptocoryne wendtii. Iím not sure of the variant.

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I believe it is wendtii bronze. The high light is helping it keep keep color and compact. Digging the vibe!
Quagulator likes this.

|

post #1047 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-03-2020, 02:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
Thanks Quag! I still think you will win the carpet. And if I recall it is all flamingo? Mine didn't make it out of TC...
I'm trying to grow out all the plantlets, it doesn't resemble a carpet just yet
Greggz and Grobbins48 like this.

"No Ice? Just Freeze Some Water"

post #1048 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-09-2020, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Just a few from tonight. Enjoying this tank and the great pictures with the early dark outside. Easy to have less glare!

Everyone doing well, healthy and happy.

Hygrophila balsamica starting to settle in after melting very hard the first week or two. Hope it takes as I want to swap it to the back if it fills in well.

|

post #1049 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 07:47 PM
Algae Grower

Hi @Grobbins48

I have been reading this amazing journal,interesting and plenty to learn.
Grobbins48 likes this.
post #1050 of 1081 (permalink) Old 11-20-2020, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by n70me View Post
Hi @Grobbins48

I have been reading this amazing journal,interesting and plenty to learn.
Thanks for the kind words, I am glad you have been enjoying the journal! I know I sure have been enjoying documenting and sharing with this community.
Greggz likes this.

|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode