Grobbins 75 Gallon Rainbowfish Tank (Updated dosing 2-17-2020) - Page 64 - The Planted Tank Forum
 2601Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #946 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-11-2020, 07:04 PM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Agreed with GreggZ - great comparison! Remember when I got my only bosemoni. Was told it was from good stock but was not colorful (not as pale as yours, but similar). Now it genuinely stands out in the tank.
Grobbins48 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #947 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
As the lights warm up for the morning I caught a glimpse of some amazing colors. Quite true to what I see. This is the Giesemann Super Flora, ZooMed Flora Sun, and AgroMax Pure Bloom (all pink/ red).

|

post #948 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I realized that I never posted this sheet with my latest updates, so here it is. Biggest updates are the PO4 being lowered, and reflecting my true micro dosing right now.

Greggz likes this.

|

post #949 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

For those who are curious (@Greggz ) here is where I spend my days on Zoom. Could be worse!

Had to do one with lights off of course, to highlight the tanks!

|

post #950 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 10:17 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
For those who are curious (@Greggz ) here is where I spend my days on Zoom. Could be worse!
Nice!

The two tanks together are a great look.

Has anyone noticed them on Zoom yet??
Grobbins48 likes this.

---
---
post #951 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
Nice!

The two tanks together are a great look.

Has anyone noticed them on Zoom yet??
Oh yes! Quite the conversation piece, and no need for virtual background with having these tanks.

The usual questions like are the saltwater, etc...

Someone did tell me that I had a lot of fish tanks. I said really, two is a lot? Her response was "Well we have zero, so I suppose for me to is a lot!" Haha!

Some others have actually reached out after calls to ask for some advice on keeping nice, clean tanks at home.

It is funny, I typically work from home when not traveling, but rarely used video before the shelter in place. Now that all office based employees are WFH, I am on video all day!
Greggz, Immortal1 and Quagulator like this.

|

post #952 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-19-2020, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Progress is being made on the algae front. I think the new dosing (SLIGHLY lower PO4) coupled with the new lighting, and consistent maintenance are paying dividends!

I did a trim this morning, and a water change just now.

Still have some progress to be made, but until the bubbles clear up for some more details here is the before picture from this morning.

|

post #953 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-19-2020, 09:32 PM
Captain

LOL, looks like the Pogo K is really hating life there :-)
Now if I can just get the one in my tank to look that healthy. I have also made some changes - hopefully in a month I will know the result.
Look forward to the post trim pics
Grobbins48 likes this.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
post #954 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-19-2020, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
LOL, looks like the Pogo K is really hating life there :-)

Now if I can just get the one in my tank to look that healthy. I have also made some changes - hopefully in a month I will know the result.

Look forward to the post trim pics
If you remember over the past few months I really struggled with it- stunting and algae made me nervous for a bit. I am finally getting to the point where I like it more than ever!

Post trim not looking amazing scape wise- things need to grow in a bit.

Here are a few shots though:

Rotala H'ra Vietnam is finally starting to look like something. Very small, but honest keeps going. I think I put a few O+ balls under them a few weeks back. Would love to get this as a bush in the background someday.

Hygrophila araguaia is really making me scratch my head... is it just not adapting to submerged or what? Been 6 weeks in the tank now and so little growth...

Moved the buce black pearl in this tank since I shut the CO2 off in the 40 breeder.

And the crypt is starting to get there. Leaves seem good for like 3 weeks then fade out... maybe it will continue to improve though. It does have some O+ also, for maybe 4 weeks now.

Greggz, Immortal1 and Quagulator like this.

|

post #955 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-19-2020, 09:52 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Lookin great, really like the shot of the office setup, they look really good so close to each other and I can only imagine all the comments from the zoom meetings with them in the background!
Grobbins48 likes this.

my 20 gallon journal:

my 8 gallon journal:

my 35 gallon journal:
post #956 of 982 (permalink) Old 04-19-2020, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

The trimming of the pogo K is strange because I am letting a fresh stems grow out. I also swapped the ludwigia super red mini with the ovalis.

|

post #957 of 982 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Been busy around the house, especially with some nicer weather. Doing some gardening, taking care of the lawn, and replaced/ rebut almost all the screens on the house (did 18 of them I think?).

I have kept up on the water changes, but otherwise have not spent much time on the tank- which changed this morning with a nice little session.

Did some trimming, arranging, and a good water change. Things seems to be growing quite well these days. Little GDA still on the glass, nothing horrible though. Older buce leaves get a bit of algae, but new growth looking good.

Overall happy with things- letting it continue to sail! Nice weather goes away for a while after today's so maybe I'll be a bit more active with the tank.

Greggz, burr740, Immortal1 and 1 others like this.

|

post #958 of 982 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Not a whole lot to update. Things with the tank are going well, no real changes. Did a decent trim this week.

One thing to note is it seems the barclaya longifolia bulbs are making a resurgence. @Greggz it must have been 6 months ago I got these from you? This is the largest growth I have seen so far. Still small, but looking hopeful!

Greggz, burr740, LRJ and 5 others like this.

|

post #959 of 982 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 01:16 AM
Captain

Yeah, another happy Barclaya
Greggz, burr740 and Grobbins48 like this.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
post #960 of 982 (permalink) Old 05-11-2020, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
Yeah, another happy Barclaya
I really do hope it stays happy!

|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode