10g SS CRS tank (update, sort of, 2-13-11) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
10g SS CRS tank (update, sort of, 2-13-11)

This is my other 10g tank which for the time being is just growing out plants to supply my 55g with when it is set up. At the time this one is in a spot where i can't take pictures of it, but it looks nothing like the first pic anymore. The plants are literally coming out of the top of the tank. It will eventually have manzanita wood

TANK DIMENSTIONS/STAND:
standard sized 10g tank from Petco. De-rimmed. Stand is DIY that holds my 2 10g tanks

LIGHTING:
T8 48" Shop light from HD. 32W ea., 2 total. Painted the black part flat white for better reflection. Light is being hung from ceiling.

CO2 EQUIPMENT:
10# aluminum tank. Concoa 2 stage reg. Post body kit built by Yikesjason, 3 way manifold w/ 3 NV55's and 3 JBJ BC's, 6 total brass check valves. ISTA CO2 indicator. Regular nano ceramic diffuser. This set up will eventually be supplying my 2 10g's and my 55g.

SCAPE EQUIPMENT:
Slim Line background bought online

SUBSTRATE:
6L of Aquasoil

FERTZ:
EI Dry dosing and RM root tabs

FILTRATION:
Eheim 2213. Intake has a fluval sponge

FAUNA:
currently has 6 RCS and 1 CRS

FLORA:
Glossostigma elatinoides
Hygrophila corymbosa 'Siamensis'
HYGROPHILA SP. 'TIGER' (this plant grows ridiculously!)
Rotala rotundifolia
LUDWIGIA REPENS X ARCUATA
HEMIANTHUS MICRANTHEMOIDES
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'

I have Tropica 049 and Blyxa in the mail but not sure if it will go in this tank

Pics:

You can check out the build thread of this tank in my signature

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FILSTAR XP3 PIMP #166
EHEIM 2213 PIMP #441

Last edited by rickztahone; 02-14-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

The new inhabitants to this 10g plant grow out tank.

FILSTAR XP3 PIMP #166
EHEIM 2213 PIMP #441

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nice CRS =) and i like the background you've got. They should be nice and happy in there.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

can someone give me suggestions for this tank? so far it is one of my most neglected tank. you can tell by just looking at the manzanita, lol. it was simply thrown in there until it stopped floating and haven't gotten around to arranging it, for like 2 weeks now. I was thinking something along the lines of an island style setup with the manzanita branching out from the middle and the glosso fully carpeting. thoughts?

FILSTAR XP3 PIMP #166
EHEIM 2213 PIMP #441

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
It's hard to offer a suggestion with the amount of plants you have in there. I would start be moving that fern to a corner. What plants are on the right side?

-

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbug View Post
It's hard to offer a suggestion with the amount of plants you have in there. I would start be moving that fern to a corner. What plants are on the right side?
yeah that java fern monster piece is from a DW piece i was selling. It didn't sell quick enough and i didn't want the fern to die so i put it in this tank so it wouldn't die (if anyone local is interested you can have it ROAK). I mainly only have glosso/HM/LUDWIGIA REPENS X ARCUATA in there. I plan on actually scaping it soon since the wood seems to have fully water logged now.

FILSTAR XP3 PIMP #166
EHEIM 2213 PIMP #441

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)
update?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
update?
i think you might have seen this pic already on my other thread but it is the tank on the right:

i took out the java fern that was the size of a soccer ball lol. Also, i took out all other shrimp except for the crs. i have some yellows coming in from Nikki next week and they will go into this tank as well. not much of an update though.

FILSTAR XP3 PIMP #166
EHEIM 2213 PIMP #441

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode