This post is about 5 months overdue, but as I mentioned before, graduate school tends to get in the way. In my time away from the forum, the plants here ave progressed quite a bit, as you can see below. In summation, I’ve gone through several different types of swords to see what I like, and that’s still a work in progress. The Java Fern has filled in nicely. I’ve added frog bit and duckweed as well. You may also notice the crypt lutea. I’m considering adding some intriguing “pink flamingo” crypt I discovered online to add a bit of contrast.
As for stocking, I’ve added some of the discus I was growing out. Unfortunately they aren’t very photogenic at the moment. I haven’t had too much issue with them, but I did lose 3 of the 4 ring leopard spot to what I’m reasonably sure was just high stress. The 4th surviving simply isn’t growing well. The others have done admirably and are 4-5” now.
Finally, I removed the purple cabomba. I just couldn’t get it to be as full and purple as I’d like, and it kept breaking off and just looked raggedy (very technical term). I’m still considering if I might add something taller to the back right corner.
Last edited by Sub-Mariner; 12-09-2019 at 11:39 PM.