Ok. Lots got done today:
1. Drained the tank (again) and glued on some java fern to the wood. Also vacuumed out a lot of stuff from the sand.
2. Placed my swords. They’re not looking too good at the moment because they just spent two weeks floating in a bathtub, but I think they’ll bounce back. Once they do, I’ll decide if I need to re-arrange and then fertilize.
3. Placed some rocks as suggested. I will put some plants on them, I think, but I ran out of java and I might like the buce idea. We’ll see.
4. Started the CO2 through my reactor. Still getting a few bubbles but the instructions that came with say to adjust a little at a time when first starting. So that’s in progress.
5. Took down the hanging brackets from the previous light.
Next, I’ll be filling my 20lb. CO2 tank this week before the current 10lb. runs out. I’m still thinking I’ll add some red/purple cabomba as well. Going to check the LFS for that before I just order it. Then, I’ll make a few tweaks to my filter media. After that, it’s just cycling before I add some Amano shrimp.
Also, I provided several pics. Unfortunately the window across from the tank causes wicked glare so it’s hard to get good FTS.
Last edited by Sub-Mariner; 12-09-2019 at 11:38 PM.