Bads nano-cube ;) - The Planted Tank Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to badmatt Send a message via MSN to badmatt Send a message via Yahoo to badmatt
Bads nano-cube ;)

this is my 12 gallon nano-cube boen stock with 50/50 lighting and danmed it grows plants really really good

the amozon sword has 52 leaves

see how much tank space it takes up

Eheim Pimp Club Member #47
125G discus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other money Pit's
05 GTO- exhaust, tune, intake.
97 Bagged Sonoma - layin frame on 22's
00 GMC Jimmy.... DD stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by badmatt; 01-06-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to badmatt Send a message via MSN to badmatt Send a message via Yahoo to badmatt
what nobody likes teh nanocube

yes i have a bit of algea but ill get some oto's for it

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
LMAO

You counted the Amazon leaves?

If that things grows to full size, it's going to look like a shrink-wrapped head of lettuce .

Ted

- Set up April 2007 -

- Terminated March 2007 -

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 09:49 PM

Quote:
If that things grows to full size, it's going to look like a shrink-wrapped head of lettuce
lol
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

well this isnt my only tank
LOL

its my only planted tank

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Aphyosemion
ROFL!!! You do realize that amazon swords get HUUUUUGE, don't you? I had one in my 20 gallon tank and it got so massive I had no choice but to throw it out. It was too big to even go in my 75 gallon tank without hogging the whole thing!
-Aphyosemion

Two 1 GA desktops, a 5 gallon, a 2.5 gallon, a 10 gallon, a 20 gallon, a 25 gallon, and two 75 gallon tanks, all planted.
I am an expert on algae, so ask me if you have questions. I know how to grow it, just not how to get rid of it.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

yes im not a newbie at planted!1

i realize how big they gte but this will be going in the 75 gallon cichlid tanks for SOME colour.

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Algae Grower

There doesn't seem to be much depth in that substrate, I would hate to see the roots on that sword

The blue is kinda freaky... like those blue fluro lights in public toilets to stop people from shooting up (not that I hang around public toilets!).
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
are you planning to switch out the light eventually? it probably doesn't matter that much if there is enough light for the plants of the right spectrum, but personally I would change the bulb
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via MSN to pufferfreak Send a message via Yahoo to pufferfreak
I have this same tank, and I got the 6500k bulb after i tried out the 50/50.....the 6500k bulb is alot brighter and will help you keep your plants happy! I like your simple look!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

well a 4" terracota pot is beuing thrown in there in the clearing. because this tank will hold a female pair of apistogramma "tripple red"

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (92/100%)
I like the simple look as well...seems like one of those reef ready nanos...

i have had bad experience with the actinic blue light...in my opinion they do nothing for plants and are only good for growing algae...unless u have a reef tank ...then you would need it for the corals....

if you could change the blue light to a 6700k or so ...it should make a substantial difference...

take care!

Ehiem Pimp # 88

29 Gallon PC 4WPG,Ehiem 2224 Pro, Pressurized CO2, Power Reactor, Eco Complete
75 Gallon PC 3.5WPG,Ehiem 2226 Pro, Pressurized CO2, Ext Reactor 1000, Eco Complete
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 12:57 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by locus
The blue is kinda freaky
I wouldnt say that... I would say remove it ... ummm, ICK is all I can say! The tank would take on an entirely better look with... oh I dont know... something "natural looking" ?
I also wouldnt say that the 50/50 light is growing your plants really really good. That tank dont look like its been setup more then a couple weeks, you cant really judge that light in a short time. 50/50 is not the best option for lighting so I hope nobody reads that and runs dwn to buy some.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

ok all of you stop bashing the 50/50 thing i didnt have problems with it before and i dotn seem to have problem rite now. algea is algea i dont have show tank i breed central and south american cichlids i dont really car ehow my tnaks look as long as the water is perfect. and the cichlids are being fed reared well.

125G discus

Other money Pit's
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 07:49 PM

PTrader: (7/100%)
Well-- this is the type of reaction you ought to expect at a forum about "planted tanks." If this were a site about breeding cichlids I don't think anyone would even bring up the subject . . . for instance I'm about to say that teracota pots are ugly and not at all "natural." lol
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode