Well my last journal lost all of it pictures, so I thought I would start over and do progression photos for the first post.
So may not be the best looking tank but I am slowly learning how to correctly trim the plants and where to place the plants for the best look.
any advice is appreciated.
4 65w CF (2-6500k, 2-10000k)
2 2213 ehiem (1 running UV sterilizer, 1 running co2 reactor)
2 Koralia powerheads to add flow
10-12 liters of amazonian aqua soil
EI method, tweeked a little.
light metricide 14 dosing to help with BBA
August 1 2010
First week it was setup had just received HC and Tropica's Starougyne repens. Thought I had an idea of my hardscape but was I wrong.
August 12 2010
Received a plant package the next day, so took more pics. Also added some blyxa and 2 kleiner bar sword
August 23 2010
Added some new plants but still looking like I have no idea what to do with them.
September 5 2010
Everything was growing fast, but was chaos.
September 24 2010
All the plants where growing but I had no idea how to trim them. BBA had started to show its ugly head, was just a bit of what was to come.
December 18 2010
Reason for the gap was because BBA took over my tank. I cut back light but all my plants started to die. I was forced to completely remove some and majorly trim back others. Finally I got it under control, this is about 1 mont after that. Wish I had taken pictures. Also I just removed the large driftwood on the right side because I couldn't work with it.
January 4 2011
This is yesterday before I trimmed up and even up the growth on all the plants. I will take some pics tomorrow of the all the plants evened up. I have been cutting back the HC and adding Tropica's Starougyne repens to help with the transition into blyxa, can see it but there is about a 3" area behind the hc that is growing in. Oh and ignore the bag of veitnam 'mini' floating, it is now in my garden since I had no taker in the SnS, was about 20+ stems.
Thanks for looking.