I recently broke down a 50g and downgraded it to this 20g. This is my 3rd go at planted tanks and is probably the first one I am really happy with. I always found it hard to scape with wood in the 50g as I couldn't get any pieces big enough so I decided to try with rocks this time. I think the rocks are too low to the ground though and might possibly try to find some larger pieces. I wanted to set one of these journals up because I like creepin other peoples journal pages but I have been slackin and just never got around to it.
Seachem Flourite Black
: Aquatic Life Dual Lamp T5HO 1x24w 6500k 1x24w Roseate 650nm @ 8 Hours a Day
Eheim Ecco 2234
Hydor 200w ETH
5lb Pressurized Tank
Milwaukee MA-957 Regulator
Ceramic Glass Nano diffuser
Cal Aqua Labs Double Drop Checker
: Dry Fertilizers using Estimative Index
: Hemianthus callutrichoides, Pogostemon helferi, Hemianthus Micranthemoides, And what I believe is to be Rotala nanjenshan(please let me know if that is wrong)
: 9x Iriantherina werneri
7x Caridina japonica
1x Pseudomugil furcata(soon to find a new home)
Here are a few pictures taken very shortly after the transfer from the 50g.
Dec. 15, 2010 -
Some shots of the Threadfins displaying in the plants.
Dec. 29, 2010 -
GDA starting to cover the rocks. I thinned out the HM as it had some dead matter towards the bottom as it was all clumped together when I bought it. I also added a black background and changed out the diffuser to a 3 dollar cheapo nano one from ebay and am actually getting finer bubbles then I did with the expensive one I was running on the 50g.
Jan. 04, 2011 -
Starting to get some algae growth in the HC.
I am going to try and update this every Sunday with water change.