Adams 10 Gallon Plantedtank (Updated 04/03/18) - The Planted Tank Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Adams 10 Gallon Plantedtank (Updated 04/03/18)

Alright so I started a 10 gallon planted tank 3 weeks ago and I forgot I wanted to do a journal on the tank. So here's the equipment list,

Substrate: 9L or ADA Amazonia

Filter: Eheim 2213

Fertilizer: Tropica Specialized Fertilizer 1.2ml a day (1 Pump)

Light: A 16 watt Led light which I forgot its name

Plants: Rotala rotundfolia, Drawf Hairgrass, Java fern, Althernater reinckii mini (Sorry if I spelt that wrong) Java moss, Bacopa Carolina, and Ludwiga red

Co2: Paintball 20 Oz With AquaTek Mini regulator

I write the setup tommorow, no picture because I forgot to take.

- Adam

Last edited by Bogey; 03-03-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

DAY 1

Alright guys so I added the filter and lights and everything needed that's inside the aquarium. So I add the soil and it makes a dust cloud which was a bit annoying. Keep in mind that there's no water inside the tank right now. I finished planting the tank and I add the water and everything is going good. I put in the heater and plug everything I need for the equipments. I started at 3:30pm and finished at 8:30pm it took me a while but I want everything to be perfect.

Day 2

I wake up in the morning and I look into the aquarium and everything seems nice. But I saw that the water was 1 inch lower then last night. At first I thought it was evaporation but I then looked under the stand. I saw that the filter leaked from the intake tube where the u tube is. Thank god that I added a tub under the filter. Anyways I looked online for any information on Eheim 2213 leaking and I found the answer. I did not twist the u tube into its proper position. I removed everything and twisted the u tube and it wasn't leaking anymore. I checked later that night and it was fine.

Day 7

I added two stems of some species of crypts that my friend gave me

Day 14

I added 5 neon tetras because the tank was already cycled. Keep in mind I already had cycled media inside my filter.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Day 22

Alright so I can now officially add photos and this is not the past anymore. My tank is doing amazing and I'll be dosing some tropica specialized fertilizer everyday (1ml) Here's one of the photo of the tank.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1341.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	834137
I love how one of the neon tetras is looking at the camera. The drawn hair grass is doing ok but there was some melt from before.
Williak and Williak like this.

- Adam

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 07:23 PM

Cool man. Looks quite beautiful. I love the live plants color contrast against the substrate. Looks awesome!
Bogey and Bogey like this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Adams 10 Gallon Plantedtank

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon384 View Post
Cool man. Looks quite beautiful. I love the live plants color contrast against the substrate. Looks awesome!

Thanks! The plants aren't grown in so it doesn't look as pretty yet. (:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- Adam
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Day 24

I just bought 8 Blue dream shrimps! They look so amazing!

Name:	IMG_1348.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	834721Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1347.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	834713
Sorry I'm bad at taking photos

- Adam
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

The Blue Dream Shrimps made a hangout spot

Name:	IMG_1350.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	558.5 KB
ID:	834753

- Adam
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

If your wondering what I'm feeding my fish and shrimps here's a photo. I'll show you some nature foods that I feed them too next week. A tank update is also next week. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1360.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	836265 Yes I know my fish are spoiled

- Adam
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Day 39

Guys I'm sorry I'm lacking the updating of the tanks. Next week I'll be switching a lot of stuff (Lily pipes, Co2 Diffuser) Here's a current picture of the tank.

Alright as you can see there's a lot of algae on the glass and on the alternather reinckii. I'm letting the algae grow so the shrimp can graze on it for food (; Well... And I've been neglecting this tank a bit lol. You can also see that the plants are growing really nicely with a few trimmings and propagation.

I also been having some nitrate issues with the tank because it was so newly made. The ADA Amazonia leeched out a lot of Ammonia then converted to Nitrite then Nitrate. So my nitrate is always at 40-80ppm. Maybe my test is wrong but who knows. The shrimp grown really big like 2x its size from the last picture but it still has a lot of growing to do. I also said that I will show you some nature food I'm currently feeding my shrimp.

As you can see in this picture I've ordered 4 Indian almond leaves 4 Mulberry leaves 4 Guava leaves 4 Jackfruit leaves and 15 Alder cones all for 12$ including shipping! My shrimps love the mulberry leaves! Also if your in Canada and would like to order some leaves check out on Facebook " Happy Little Shrimp " Trust me the prices are amazing. Have a good day everyone!

- Adam
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Planted Member

ive never tested for anything other than pH, and i just use my dad's hot tub kit for that. As long as you do large regular water changes, have an oversized good filter, ive not seen a need to test for ammonia or nitrites/trates. however the amazonia leaches ammonia presumably to help with cycling, which you didnt need to do. in that case testing is needed. do lots of WC to keep it down.
Bogey and Bogey like this.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Day 44

Got some sweet equipments for the tank. I got a new inline co2 diffuser and a set of lily pipes. Sadly 2 shrimps died from the high nitrates recently. I've been controlling the nitrates even since. So far it's always at 40ppm after a water change and even before. Anyways here's some picture of the tank

- Adam
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 04:55 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Looking very beautiful and clean!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williak View Post
Looking very beautiful and clean!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your kind words. But currently the tank is very messy. The Inline co2 diffuser is not working properly so I need to change it back to the glass one.

- Adam
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Day 51

Some sweet things are going to be happening in the near future, just giving you guys a heads up

Alright starting with the update of the tank. Everything is doing well. Shrimps are growing nice and big, plants are doing just fine expect for the Alternather Reinckii. It's growing a bit of algae on it because of overdosing in ferts. Here's a picture!

I've also made a "DIY" Drop checker and it's working perfectly. I've made it with a tiny storage cup that I found at dollarama. And I drilled a hole the cap part. If you were to do this I would recommend drilling it at the bottom. I've also glued the cap on shut with hot glue. If you were to put it underwater I would recommend using a aquarium safe silicone. Here's a picture of the drop checker.
Currently it's hanging off the side. Don't worry it won't drop

I also ordered some Aquascaping tools and it came in last Tuesday. Here's a picture

Williak and Williak like this.

- Adam
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Forgot to add. I bought a Fluval Nitrate Test kit and the ppm is now 20. I think my API one was broken.

- Adam

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode