Tamed Jungle. 120p Low light aquascape - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RobertoHernandez

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Tamed Jungle. 120p Low light aquascape

On January 1st, 2017 I took down my last tank, a jungle aquascape. The tank was 120x30x50cm.. with just 30cm front to back it was amost imposible to achieve perspective in a 120cm so, I decided to change the tank and make a new aquascape. I keept all my plants but grew the tank to a 120p 120x45x45cm. This was the result on day 4 after planting.

acuario by Robert H., en Flickr

I made this tank inspired by allot of aquascapes made by Mr Amano, almost the entire book "nature aquarium complete works" was used as inspiration. I try to create a "nonchalantly" apearience as mentioned in p.18 of the book.

The aquascape is over a year now and has grown beautifuly, honestly it exceed my expectations. Here´s a video of the tank as it looks today.

Its a work in progress... I´m planing some minor changes here and there, maybe entering IAPLC this year.

DATA
Aquarium 120p, W120 x D45 x H45 (cm)
Lighting 20W T8 6500k led X 3 units. Turne on for 8 hours.
Filter Boyu sp 604e 750lph, Seachem matrix, Seachem purigen.
Substrate DIY substate, cosmetic sand.
Hardscape Dragon (Ohko) stones, Manzanita drifwood.
CO2 None
Additives Seachem flourish 10cc two times per week, Aquavitro envy 10cc two times per week, Potassium Nitrate KNO3 ( 5g in 100cc) 10cc two times per week, Potassium Sulfate K2SO4 ( 10g in 100cc) 10cc two times per week.
Water Change ˝ once every two weeks.
Water Quality Temperature 22°C, Ph 6.2, TH 80 ppm.

Aqurium plants: Anubias barteri var. nana, Anubias barteri var. nana 'gold', Anubias barteri var. nana 'petite', Bolbitis heudelotii, Bucephalandra sp. red, Ceratopteris thalictroides, Cryptocoryne beckettii 'petchii', Cryptocoryne mioya, Cryptocoryne wendtii 'green', Echinodorus tenellus, Hydrocotyle tripartita sp. japan, Hygrophila corymbosa stricta 'blue', Sagitaria subulata, Sagittaria subulata var. pusilla, Vallisneria asiatica, Vesicularia dubyana 'christmas', Vesicularia ferriei 'weeping.

Animals: Hasemania nana (Silvertip tetra), Hemigrammus bleheri (Rummynose tetra), Hemigrammus erythrozonus, (Glowlight tetra), Hyphessobrycon amandae (Ember tetra), Nematobrycon palmeri var. 'black'. (Black emperor tetra), Neocaridina davidi (Red Cherry shrimp), Otocinclus affinis (Oto catfish), Paracheirodon axelrodi (Cardinal tetra), Planorbis corneus var. 'red'. (Red planorbis), Prionobrama filigera (glass bloodfin tetra), Pristella maxillaris (X-Ray tetra), Thayeria boehlkei (Penguin tetra).

Some more interesting pics.

Empty tank.

Tamed jungle by Robert H., en Flickr

Te hardscape. As you can see the amount of hardscape in this scape is minimal, the hardscape is in this case just a canvas for the epiphytes. It was arranged very quickly, as suggested in Mr. Amano's book, just considering the branch tips and the triangular overall composition not paying atention to the inner part of the arrangement that lately disapear under the lush plants. It took me about 20 min to make the entire hardscape. It may sound in certain way risky, but it worked and was strongly suggested by the sensei.

Tamed jungle day 347 by Robert H., en Flickr

My last aquascape, from where all the plants were recycled.

Sin título by Robert H., en Flickr

Hope you like it guys..

Robert.

Some times I post some pics of this aquarium on my instagram, if you like it you can follow me for more pics.

https://www.instagram.com/hernandeztaveraroberto/
GeorgeTheGuppy likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode