2Likes
  • 2 Post By Nlewis
  • 2 Post By mistuhmarc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)
Back after 2 years. High tech 10g.

Hey TPT, it's been a while since I've been active active on here. I'll browse every now and then as a lurker, but I haven't actually logged in for a while. So life update! Graduated college couple of years back, and got myself a job as a software developer! Woo~ Broke my 60p unfortunately...my dad had accidentally dropped it while moving it so there was this large crack at the bottom. So now I just have a regular ol' 10 gallon tank. Still pretty good though. It's been low maintenance as of recent until I've decided to inject co2 back into it!

Current picture of the tank 01/26/18

I'm made a few orders, ordered myself a Twinstar 600e which I'm waiting for in the mail. Gunna build a mount for it so it won't overhang on top of my tank. I've tied some fissidens fontanus onto the driftwood and just put some low maintenance plants in the tank. Unfortunately most of the dwarf hairgrass seems to have melted, but I'll probably order more of it in the future!

Current inhabitants:

7 neons
1 bristlenose
2 amanos
1 betta splendens
2 peacock gudgeons.

Current plant list:
Rotala Rotundifolia
Cryptocorne wendtii
Dwarf Hairgrass Sp. Belem
Fissiden Fontanus
Bucephalandra green
Java Fern

I'm trying to decide on what course of action to go with the tank's layout as well as the plants I want to get.

Software Developer~ |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mistuhmarc; 01-31-2018 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Editting title.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Update! Got some new things~

Got a package in the mail. Needed me some ferts that wouldn't require much work out of me during the week so I decided to go with this after doing some research around. It looked promising so I'll see how it goes!

Also decided to drop by my local ikea btw. Been wanting to try out one of these stands for quite a while now after seeing it around for a few years...

And then after a bit of assembly...

It's complete! Final thoughts on it though? It appears to scratch easy and I guess I need higher legs. Still looks clean though.

I'm planning on heading to lowes tomorrow to get some 2x4s to support the interior and a hole drill bit to drill a hole in the side for my canister filter. Going to add a grommet to it too.

Software Developer~ |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 02:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Welcome Back!
Shame you lost that tank.

Certainly have not missed much on the forum.
The normal threads that go South, water changes and micro dosing.

Growing is not that difficult.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (25/100%)
Welcome back! What brand is the fertilizer? I just got back into the hobby and need some low maintenance ferts for my 20L, which houses my daughter's betta and ottos.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Jessy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 08:35 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessyPR View Post
Welcome back! What brand is the fertilizer? I just got back into the hobby and need some low maintenance ferts for my 20L, which houses my daughter's betta and ottos.

Thrive 500ml | Premium Liquid Fertilizer | NilocG Aquatics
JessyPR and JessyPR like this.

Just a noob

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessyPR View Post

Just like NLewis said, it's Thrive from Nilocg. It's a comprehensive fertilizer so it includes all the fertilizer you'd need. For lower maintenance tanks, you just add less fertilizer than I would into my tank.
JessyPR and JessyPR like this.

Software Developer~ |
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Teaser update!

Added a few 2x4s to support the inside of the besta stand.

That'll make me feel like it's more supported. Yup yup yup lol.

So, got a new package in the mail! I'm sure you've guys seen a few of these in the past, but I was super excited to get one myself.

I'll get it set up hopefully tomorrow. Since it overhangs, I'll probably just saw down two leftover 2x4s to have it hang over the tank a fair distance.

My inline diffuser's also doing really really well adding co2 to the tank. Seeing alot of pearling from my plants. Here's a couple of pics of the fissidens fontanus that I tied recently to my driftwood.

Software Developer~ |
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 04:46 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Digging all the high quality photos, keep them coming.

This did make me laugh though, only because I've been there with that "don't fall apart and crash, please!" feeling when using a new stand.

Quote:
That'll make me feel like it's more supported. Yup yup yup lol.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Andddddddddddd we're good!

After cutting up some wood for supports for the besta stand, I had a bit leftover to use as support legs for the Twinstar LED. So here's a couple of pics of it on top of the tank!

It's definitely extremely bright. I'm glad my phone camera was good enough to adjust to the brightness of the LEDs.

Here's a frontal view of the tank now. That contraption on the right was a surface skimmer I'm currently using to remove surface film. That lil ol' filter pad in it got dirty within a week. It's putting in some work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithim View Post
Digging all the high quality photos, keep them coming.

This did make me laugh though, only because I've been there with that "don't fall apart and crash, please!" feeling when using a new stand.
Haha yeah...I'm still iffy bout it. Thinking of adding more support just in case.

Software Developer~ |
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 03:22 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Definitely digging the warmer color with the new light.

Just a noob

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlewis View Post
Definitely digging the warmer color with the new light.
Same, I'm getting a lot of red colouration from the rotala already, whereas the old light I had on my tank only really only brought out green leaves from them.

Software Developer~ |

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode