Join Date: May 2015
Location: Groveland, Florida
I replanted my stems in more permanent locations today.
I only had them up front for about a week but of course the wisteria's roots already reached the soil layer and caused a small cap breach when uprooting it. A bit of vacuuming was needed to clean things up and I added a cup of new sand over the breach area. For now I have not decided on what to do with the wisteria as it can overtake the tank if not constantly pruned. For now I placed it behind the spray bar so it stays put until I figure what to do with it.
I also switched places with the crypt wendtii and red melon sword as I wanted the red melon to be front and center. It has been developing a really nice reddish maroon coloration and I want it to be a centerpiece plant. I must have moved it 8 times just to get it in that 'perfect' spot!
I also saw my Aponogeton undulates is starting to flower again. Second time it has done this, very interesting to watch it develop.
Some pictures of the tank: FTS, right side, center, left side, and the Apo flower.
Have to give credit to member Triport for the idea of labeling the plants in the FTS!