Alright so I haven't posted a thread on this but here are a few pictures and some info just to give you an idea before I rescape it tomorrow.
This is my oldest tank from my new kick of aquariums. I started it on 7/15
Standard aga 20 gal long (petco dollar per gal sale)
AquaClear HOB Filter (not sure on size but I know it's mighty large and used to run on a 30 no problem)
Heater (not sure on wattage... keeps it warm though)
24" 36w Coralife Freshwater Fixture with one full spectrum and one plant bulb
Used to do DIY co2 but have since stopped and gone low tech
I do use RM and osmocoat (in tab form) under my substrate
- numerous pygmy corys (I started with 5... lost 2... and gained at least 10 =] I think they have a colony inside the largest rock on the left)
- 3 chinese algae eaters. One is enormous and two are odd. They have the CAE body with a golden head... strange. I worry about the CAE. I think he may be the reason my corys haven't had fry since he got big.
- Just added today (12-16-2010) A breeding trio (one male, two female) Goodeid - Xenotoca eiseni
As far as plans go the 3 CAEs will be moved to my 75 after xmas when I get it set up. The corys will likely be relocated to a dedicated 5 gallon planted and this tank will be for the goodeids and whatever else I feel like keeping with them (theyre fin nippers... maybe a GBR pair would be good, I like paradise fish as well...)
- Two large amazon swords (one is in the process of recovering from a two day mistreatment (relocating it and forgetting it in the bucket)
- Anubias Barteri (I believe, the leaves are pretty massive)
- DHG (spreading rapidly with the addition of tabs, just put it in)
- Star grass (making a come back from an algae war)
- Water primrose (unsure on the scientific of that)
- Some other strange grass (ID please?)
7-27-2010 (still cloudy from the substrate)
There was a large algae bloom when I got rid of the co2 but after a three day blackout and help from my extra large snail, it has finally shown signs of clearing. I also added osmocoat and rm tabs under the substrate which I believe may be another cause of algae death. The anubias (since the last picture) has two roots that found their way into the substrate which has caused an immense amount of growth.
To be honest. This tank disgusts me. I plan to rescape it and make it a little more enjoyable for myself. I have some driftwood burls to use and I plan to reuse the rocks since i can't seem to get my Pymy corys out of them.
I will post a before picture of the most recent look. Look for pics of the new scape tomorrow!