It's been a while!
So I FINALLY got around to doing water changes. I hadn't done one since the one I did right before our vacation.
I'd like to blame it all on illness (bc my kids keep me sick and tired 24/7 lol), but nah.. there was a lot of laziness involved too lol.
Fish all seem to be ok though and looked to really enjoy some good fresh water.
The tanks REALLY needed their glass cleaned though and the algae is starting to want to take over which I'm not thrilled about, but it's my own fault.
Hopefully I can get it sorted out again.
First up is a photo of my bamboo roots! Decided to get rid of the jar (which I haven't done yet), so pulled up the bamboo to plant in the little 5gal hex.
Really cool. Wasn't expecting it to have all of this. I can't get it planted right in the 5gal. It doesn't have a nice thick layer of substrate like the jar did.
Oh well.. hopefully it'll do ok.
40g is having a BBA problem. Determined not to use the metricide in it. Hopefully the SAE will keep it under control. Hair algae has decided it wants to come back again too.
Also, a lot of the crypts have melted. Not sure why since I hadn't messed with them in a while, but meh...
I still need to figure out something with this tank. Right now the moss is taking over the right side of the tank. It's the giant mass you see plus it's growing all over the heater and everything behind it.
Funny how I was afraid that it wouldn't grow then BAM here I am a couple months later wondering how to control it from taking over lol.
And bonus... the pygmy cory was out and about and decided to rest on one of the osmocote pellets that came up. Look how tiny it is!
The 125 is doing well for the most part. Still having a battle with BBA or it might be green spot... or a combo of both probably.
Ended up pruning a lot of sword leaves with the stuff on it. I think it's spot algae b/c it wasn't furry.
Anyway... it needed trimming anyway. Needs more but didn't want to do too much at once.
Still looks good from afar I think
Am having a problem with this sword though. The leaves are coming in crinkled looking and also slightly twisted. Anyone know what nutrient deficiency is causing this?
Thought I was dosing everything that they needed, but apparently not.
The sister plants on all of the swords are looking good though. Some have tiny roots, but some don't have anything. /shrugs Not sure if I'm supposed to keep them on until they get longer healthy roots or if they'll develop after being trimmed. I'm not in any hurry to trim though since I have no plan on what to do with them.
And just enjoying my barbs. The black ruby barb males were really showing off during the water change and just looked stunning. Wish the photos did their coloring justice. Such a dark red/black color.
And look at the green barb too! And all the others... just surprised I got a good sharp picture of them all since they wouldn't stop moving lol.