5Likes
  • 8 Post By FishFan13
  • 2 Post By FishFan13

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
The Lost Arch

My husband bought me some seiryu stone for Christmas. Best present ever! I have always wanted some nice rocks because all the ones I have been able to find do not have much character. I saw some aquascapes with an arch and I thought, "I want an aquarium like that." So that was my goal. To make a natural-looking arch. This is the scape that I came up with.

Tank specs:
5.5 gallon derimmed
eheim 2213 filter with the spray bar pointed at the back glass to lessen the flow
Hydor In-Line 200 watt heater
20 oz Paintball tank with co2 arts single stage regulator
homemade acrylic lily pipes
30 in Beamswork DA FSPEC LED with dimmer over both 5.5 gallons
Bazooka Atomizer

Flora:
HC
DHG

Plan on adding limnophila mini vietnam, flame moss, rotala mexicana goias, and some unknown moss. I just haven't ordered them yet.

Fana:
White betta

I am going to change the betta to some cherry shrimp and maybe some chili rasboras then put the betta in my Asian tank. I think that be a better match for the style of tanks.

The first picture was the tank before. The second was planing out the scape. The third is the tank planted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0638.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	814074  

Name:	IMG_0604.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	814082  

Name:	IMG_0640.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	814090  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FishFan13; 12-28-2017 at 01:49 AM. Reason: edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 02:10 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Outstanding!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

thats a cool idea using a 30" light over both tanks!
its like it cheaper to set up 2 tanks that get a smaller light...so why not. haha
can we see the light over both tanks plz

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

The second tank is a little messy. I plan on rescaping it soon and pulling out the dwarf sags and adding more slope to the back.

My atomizer will not stick to the glass. It will stay on for a couple hours(if that) but then it comes off. Any ideas on how to fix it without buying a new one?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0642.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	814434  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 05:15 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFan13 View Post
The second tank is a little messy. I plan on rescaping it soon and pulling out the dwarf sags and adding more slope to the back.

My atomizer will not stick to the glass. It will stay on for a couple hours(if that) but then it comes off. Any ideas on how to fix it without buying a new one?
You could silicone it to the glass. You'd have to drain most of the water and let it cure for at least a day, but it wouldn't come off....ever. That's really the only thing I can think of unless you can wedge it behind the big rock. You could also consider making a Griggs reactor, then you wouldn't have to have anything for CO2 in the tank.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

9th day update.

I moved the betta to treat for finrot and put my cherry shrimp in here so I could redo the other tank.

I won a RAOK and got some rare plants. Lago grande, uaupes 2010, rio niegro 2006, and one just labeled "belem".

I added some unknown moss to the rocks.

The baby tears seem to be growing in well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0668.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	816834  

The Dude1 and The Dude1 like this.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFan13 View Post

Perhaps a rigid U-shaped tube at the top of the bend where tubing goes over the tank will take enough lateral pressure off the suction cup.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Wow... I thought the "before" was nice, but couldn't understand the "archway" aspect. Then I saw the second pic. Outstanding. Not only are the rocks incredible, but the scale is perfect. Great job!
I love how the moss is only in some areas of the rocks... like it's creeping.. really spectacular

Twin high tech 75's -
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Filling in nicely! I have been having some green dust and green spot algae. Both should be an easy fix. I have been having high nitrates which are causing the green dust and I haven't been dosing any macros because of the high nitrates. I will just dose some phosphates for the green spot. I just cleaned it but I should have taken a before picture. There was green dust everywhere.

My shrimp have been dying for no apparent reason. I was at 23 and now I have 2 females. I think it was because of dosing algae fix a week before putting them in. From what I read, algae fix only stays in the water for a day or two so I felt alright putting them in. I have now learned my lesson. On the bright side, I don't have any more scuds in the tank. A few got past the plant cleaning.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0675.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	821242  

Last edited by FishFan13; 01-20-2018 at 09:17 PM. Reason: change picture

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode