Blue Neocaridina, 10g, Start to Finish. (An unexpected tank)
Well.... I made some impulsive decisions today. I Built a last second tank and put money down to hold a small colony of Blue Neocaridina Shrimp while the tank cycles. Gotta love black Friday prices.
Here are the stats:
(Will be updated as we go)
10 gallon Aqueon complete kit.
Aqueon 10 gallon LED hood
Aqueon 10 gallon HOB filter
Fluval 100w digital heater (trust this way more then the 10 gallon nightmare heater they had in the kit.)
1" of CaribSea Eco Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate.
1.5" of Imaginarium white sand.
1 Unknown wooden log
6 Green Crypt
4 Red Crypt
1 Dwarf Sag
1 large Water Sprite, 2 small Water Sprite
4 Ghost Shrimp (Cycling tank and being a water monitor)
7 Malaysian Trumpet Snails
15 Blue Neocaridina Shrimp (pending cycle)
Going for a relatively quick cycle here. Yes I know it's not smart... I used 6 gallons of water from the existing Neocaridina colony to seed the tank, 2 gallons of treated tap. Added water Sprite and decomposing mulberry leaf from existing tanks.
1. Clean empty tank.
2. Add planted substrate layer.
3. Add inert sand layer.
4. Fill tank with established tank water, using a plate on bottom of tank to not disrupt and mix sand.
5. Seachem Stability and Tetra Safe Start and an additional 2-3 gallons of water.
6. Ran to store, buy rocks and wood.
7. Place stones and driftwood.
8. Add water sprite and decomposing mulberry leaves.
9. Wait a few days to pick up the new Blue neo colony.
Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live forever.
Last edited by Aquatic Athlete; 11-26-2017 at 05:57 PM.