100gal Wild Discus Biotype - Rimless 48x24x20 - Page 10 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
great journal and photography. Are you gonna finish the stand and paint it like an ada stand? looking forward to your amazing pictures and progress.
post #138 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks. I keep going back and forth on the stand. Some days I want to finish it and some days it doesn't matter to me. Ideally I'd like to at least skin it, but I just haven't made time for it so it just gets by with bare bones.

-Matt
Check out my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

post #139 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Banned

PTrader: (21/100%)
Your set up is amazing

Sean

90g- 4x54w T5HO, Pressurized CO2, XP2 & XP4, Hydor ETH 300w

125g- African Mbuna,Haps, Peacock community tank
x2 Rena XP4s, Hydor ETH 300w, 4x39w Coralife T5NO

Filstar PIMP #165

In the making...15+ more tanks.
Ranging from 5 gallons to 40 gallons.
post #140 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Algae Grower

best Discus tank i've seen so far
beautiful light setup and even beautiful Wilds
btw from where did you find such nice pieces of driftwoods??
are you planning to add any plants in future?
post #141 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks. I got the driftwood from a sponsor on simply discus, goes by the username PC1. He has some nice pieces. I would love to add some plants, specifically floating, but my last floating plants didn't last to long. The Festivums picked them to death. I'm trying to keep this tank as biotypical as possible and a discus habitat is pretty void of plants apart from floaters. Maybe down the road I will cave and put something in, maybe some anubias or java fern on the wood.

-Matt
Check out my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
post #142 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Few new ones. These Festivum are MACHINES when it comes to breeding.

-Matt
Check out my
!
post #143 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

Ah, I love those cichlids so much! I really want to do a whole whack of them in my 90 now after this journal.

"You think you have tomorrow, but when tomorrow comes it's not tomorrow; it's now- and that's all you have" - Marc Johnson
Ehei-Pimpfen 276 yo!
post #144 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Algae Grower

thanks for the assistance about the driftwood supplier..he has some nice manzanita woods..

you got one hell of a erotic couple, breeding like mad lol..congrats on the spawn!!..
I am more keen to see your Discus to spawn..
those red eyes are so bright..wonderful..
post #145 of 150 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Update on the eggs above. I actually had another batch of eggs one day behind those pictured above on the other side of the tank. So now I have 3 hatches growing in a separate tank. Below are the eggs pictured above.

And here are the fry from the very first spawn. (Just to be clear, these are Festivum, not discus)

-Matt
Check out my
!
post #146 of 150 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Amazing photos. What do you have planned for the baby fishies?
post #147 of 150 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (29/100%)
Matt,

I'd love to get a few of these guys from you when they are old enough. Maybe 6?

Also, I work for a Toyota dealership here in NC, we also own Toyota Center down there in Columbia where you are at. I *almost* took a job there about 8 months ago.

J

post #148 of 150 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsaicin_MFK View Post
Amazing photos. What do you have planned for the baby fishies?
Nothing set it stone, but I know the local club is interested in a bunch of them so I'll probably go that route first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoxRocks View Post
Matt,

I'd love to get a few of these guys from you when they are old enough. Maybe 6?

Also, I work for a Toyota dealership here in NC, we also own Toyota Center down there in Columbia where you are at. I *almost* took a job there about 8 months ago.

J
J, I'm not to experienced or big on the shipping of fish, but if some other way works out I'd be glad to provide you with a group. The furthest I ever go into NC is about Charlotte

-Matt
Check out my
!
post #149 of 150 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (29/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Nothing set it stone, but I know the local club is interested in a bunch of them so I'll probably go that route first.

J, I'm not to experienced or big on the shipping of fish, but if some other way works out I'd be glad to provide you with a group. The furthest I ever go into NC is about Charlotte

Hmmm. I'd pay to meet you halfway, or maybe can let you know the next time I'm Columbia. I'm really interested in getting some of these from you.

J

post #150 of 150 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Haven't updated this in forever, might as well. First off, i'm working on this tank. Not really happy with the filtration. It works, but not to my standards. To much trapped wastes, I need something simple and easy especially for discus. And I'm adding more sand. I've removed most of the discus from this tank into my holding tank for the time being. They'll go back in the main tank once its done.

Here are the actual fish in the holding tank, you can see how they've progressed and colored up. The more red ones I've had for a year, the yellow ones I just got a month ago. And there are 2 domestic Red Turqs in with them. You'll notice I actually have living plants in a tank now! LOL Doing pretty good too, its frogbit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNzBYQwoKgU

This is how the tank stands now.

Some fish shots

Before

After a year

Growing out some geos for this tank as well.

-Matt
Check out my
!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode