125 planted - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By redman88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
125 planted

Coming back to planted. Last planted tank I had was a 55g. Now I am going with a 125/135. Ones the planted the other is my wifeís cichlid tank. Right now itís just sitting with water and black diamond blasting sand.
DrDraake and DrDraake like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SunSun Pimp #7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman88 View Post
Coming back to planted. Last planted tank I had was a 55g. Now I am going with a 125/135. Ones the planted the other is my wifeís cichlid tank. Right now itís just sitting with water and black diamond blasting sand.
Can't wait to see what your going to do with it! I have a little tank envy now. My largest is a 55g. =(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Used to have three on this wall. Then the kids started chunking toys and dumping fish food in them. 125 55 135. 125/135 are 6í long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SunSun Pimp #7

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Algae Grower

Have you ever had an issue with fish trying to swim into the side of the Maxi jet where it pulls in the water?

I have a handful of zebra tetras and the constantly gets sucked up in my overflow and tried to get into the Maxi jet. I'm surprised none of them we're shredded..

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDraake View Post
Have you ever had an issue with fish trying to swim into the side of the Maxi jet where it pulls in the water?

I have a handful of zebra tetras and the constantly gets sucked up in my overflow and tried to get into the Maxi jet. I'm surprised none of them we're shredded..

Well those are https://www.amazon.com/SunSun-JVP-20...nsun+wavemaker and I didnít notice the fish swimming into them.

SunSun Pimp #7
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Used to have three on this wall. Then the kids started chunking toys and dumping fish food in them. 125 55 135. 125/135 are 6í long.
Hahaha... Oh them little D-bags.. always screwing stuff up.

My daughter is 6 years old and apparently knows everything and can do everything herself...

I let her try to feed the fish once and almost a half a bottle of fish food ended up in the tank. I was telling the story to a a lady that worked at a fish to where I frequent and she had a similar problem with her kids. She bought small disposable plastic cups with a lid on them and would fill up the cups with the correct amount of food and then the kids were able to pour the whole thing into the tank without overfeeding.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDraake View Post
Hahaha... Oh them little D-bags.. always screwing stuff up.

My daughter is 6 years old and apparently knows everything and can do everything herself...

I let her try to feed the fish once and almost a half a bottle of fish food ended up in the tank. I was telling the story to a a lady that worked at a fish to where I frequent and she had a similar problem with her kids. She bought small disposable plastic cups with a lid on them and would fill up the cups with the correct amount of food and then the kids were able to pour the whole thing into the tank without overfeeding.

Well the two culprits were 3-1 at the time they dumped the food while I was at work. My fault for leaving the food where they could get it.

SunSun Pimp #7
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Well the two culprits were 3-1 at the time they dumped the food while I was at work. My fault for leaving the food where they could get it.
When I was a kid my dad had a tank full of Jack Dempsey's. While he was at work I wanted to feed the fish and my mom put some food in and they gobbled it all up. They ate it so fast she thought they were still hungry. She kept feeding them repeatedly till the point the fish exploded.

Dad was not thrilled to say the least when he got home.

Memories.....

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
125 / 135 are perfect for planted tanks. Awesome footprint and not too tall. What kind of fish are you doing? Have you figured out lighting/ C02?? I would never attempt a planted tank over 10 gallons without C02. Alot of the plant friendly tetras and various Rainbows look amazing in large planted tanks. I've got a 150 that's Haps and Peacocks and planted... just haven't hooked up the C02 yet... and I've got a journal on here with the 2 75 gallon planted tanks that I have on a rack in my exercise room. It takes a very long time to get plant mass to an acceptable level with 4 foot tanks... I would not want to start from scratch on a 6 foot tank. Good luck, this will try your patience!

Twin high tech 75's -
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Right now I have a two bulb 4í t8 and a 4 bulb t5ho. All need new bulbs.

SunSun Pimp #7
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well its been a few weeks not much has changed since I set it up. No plants and no fish yet. But it is growing algae.

Need to clean the glass inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunSun Pimp #7

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode