So I've been working on this one for a while getting it set up. It's still in the process, but I wanted to start a thread here to show it off and to expose my flaws for the world to see.
So to start with, I had an old old 55 gallon tank that hadn't held water in 10 years sitting in a shed. Decided I could use the stand, the sump filter, and some of the hardware at least even if the tank was scratched up beyond saving and the caulk was all shot. So I started sorting through what I had and what was still usable.
And low and behold, just in time for my birthday there was the petschmo aquarium sale.
...and a 40 gallon breeder tank just so happened to fit on the old stand.
Next I got to learn how to drill holes in glass.
And dog help is always the best help.
(I did have to spring for a bigger pump, the 500 gph one that was with the old tank just didn't seem to be doing the job anymore)
I then proceeded to spend the majority of October up in the mountains for work, which made for slow progress but at least I was able to look for some cool rocks while I was there.
And then, between my other tanks and a very kind RAOK I was able to find quite a bit of Anubias
Oh, and then a bit more
Not to mention some other plants that I ordered, like some Bucephalandra, some bigger Anubias, and a bit of Java Fern
Then for kicks and giggles I threw together a couple of planters on top to try some houseplants
(not sure if the sensitive plant will work this way or not, but someone on the internet said it would, but I'm fairly confident the arrowhead plant and pothos are good to go, anyway)
So that's what's happened so far. After it gets settled in a little bit more, I'd like to see if it could just be a massive RCS colony--right now there's only pond snails and red ramshorn snails