My 125g planted discus tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
My 125g planted discus tank

Here's my planted 125. I have a tendency to overstock, but haven't run into any major problems, other than continually battling BBA.

50% WC once or twice a week (depending)
Pressurized CO2
EI dosing with dry ferts

Hope you like!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (71/100%)
I really like the set up. The plants and scape look great. I really like that lss discus (I am guessing that is what it is). What is the red and white one? Some white sand would be nice to reduce the peppering on those pigeon bloods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (25/100%)
Beautiful tank! Those discus look huge! I really like the driftwood on the right with the anubias on it. Do you have a straight on full tank shot?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesjason View Post
I really like the set up. The plants and scape look great. I really like that lss discus (I am guessing that is what it is). What is the red and white one? Some white sand would be nice to reduce the peppering on those pigeon bloods.
it looks more like a penang eruption to me.

Tank looks great, one of the reasons i didn't want discus in a planted tank (and the reason i'm selling them all off) is due to the fact that they always darken, and the pigeons show so much peppering. It is not something i find attractive since in the discus world, dark=unhealthy. I'm not saying your discus are unhealthy, i'm just saying that when your discus ARE sick it would be difficult to guess they were sick. In a BB tank turning dark is always the first indicator of bad healthy.

FILSTAR XP3 PIMP #166
EHEIM 2213 PIMP #441

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesjason View Post
It's a Penang Eruption. The red and white is a red melon. The PE is around
6" as are the Mercury's. The red melons are around 4.5". I hear what you're saying about the peppering in the Mercury's. But that's how they were when I bought them from Mike Beals. Normally I'd shy away from peppering, but he offered me a price I couldn't pass up! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid View Post
Beautiful tank! Those discus look huge! I really like the driftwood on the right with the anubias on it. Do you have a straight on full tank shot?
I do have a straight on tank shot, but I suck at taking pictures and the ones I have have too much glare from the lighting. Maybe I'll work at getting a better one soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
it looks more like a penang eruption to me.

Tank looks great, one of the reasons i didn't want discus in a planted tank (and the reason i'm selling them all off) is due to the fact that they always darken, and the pigeons show so much peppering. It is not something i find attractive since in the discus world, dark=unhealthy. I'm not saying your discus are unhealthy, i'm just saying that when your discus ARE sick it would be difficult to guess they were sick. In a BB tank turning dark is always the first indicator of bad healthy.
Real shame about tearing your tank down and selling off the discus. =(
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid View Post
Here's my attempt at a full frontal tank shot. Kept having problems with lighting glare, but then again, I was just using a point and click digital camera. On the far right, my Penang Eruption and that Mercury next to it were doing the discus shimmy and cleaning off the side of that large piece of driftwood on the right. Looks like I have a pair bond forming!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode