23 long! Fight with bba tank journal
So I decided enough is enough. I have had my 23 gallon long for about 4 months now running. I really liked the way I threw it together. It has been rapidly deteriorating and I need help getting it back on track.
23 gallon long (36"x12"x12")
4' 2 bulb flourescent shop light ~20 inches from substrate.
Substrate: diorite, play sand, lava rock.
Divided with moss wall dividers
Housing 5 bettas, bladder snails, rcs
Filter: 1 internal filter
1 pothos in filter
Summary: All plants are either covered in bba, gda, or some green fuzz slime, and staghorn algae EXCEPT pothos but that has lots of dying leaves.
My tank is really ugly and I have plans for replacing dividers soon with better looking ones. Actually, I plan on rearranging most of the tank. It will be like one of those reality shows that renovate everything except I don't plan on spending lots of extra money. If it all comes down to it, maybe just dividing it into spaces to jar my males for my new dumbo breeding project. How disappointing! Hopefully I won't end up trashing all plants.
Fish are ok, except ones opposite my filter. I think they are suffering despite that I change the water 5 gallons every week.
Fertilizers: k, Fe, some trace every week by dosage on bottle. Excel sometimes.
I will post pics later tonight hopefully of this embarrassment.
Bump: Top pic about 1 month ago