Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the forums (I have made a couple posts) but I thought I would start journaling my new 10G build.
It's a low budget, standard 10G build. I will have pictures in an hour or so but I will give some info now.
Things I have:
- The tank is a standard 10G tank with an iron stand ($5 on craigslist)
- The substrate is ActivFlora ($1 at PetSmart.. the bag was on clearance for months)
- Filtration will be a sponge filter (I plan on fry, and arrangements are made at two LFS)(<$3 on eBay)
- Flat Sandstone pieces (will have pictures)(Free at a landscaping place)
- Guppies (fry from my fiancee's tank, about 15. I will pick about 5 and send the rest of to the LFS)
Things I need:
- Lighting - will be two work lights with 26W 6500k CFL bulbs, probably just clamped to a DIY brace of some sort ($15-$20)
- Christmas Tree moss OR Flame moss
- Anubias nana (maybe petite if funds allow)
Pictures to come!
And Here they are (sorry for the poor quality... my camera got stolen so I am using an older one)
Before the magic:
After the magic (well kinda.. I think I want more of that stone on the right to make it even)
Do you guys think I should add more on the right or no?