125g very low tech - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
125g very low tech

I am starting a 125 gallon tank at work. Nothing better to motivate me to go to work . Since it is at work the goal is to look nice but be as low maintenance as possible!

It is a used tank, it has some scratches on the front glass but well it was free and was placed in my office. Can't complain.

Substract: Ecocomplete
Lighting: Beamswork LED 72" FSPEC 0.5w LEDs + 30W flood light
Hardscape: Granite rocks (came with the tank) and some driftwood
Filtration: For now has 2 internal filters that came with the tank. I filled them with seachem matrix and some purigen.

The tank came with some fluorescent lights and I replace by this beamswork LED that some people talked about being cheap. It was like 60$ on amazon for a 72". My regret is that I bought the 0.5W version instead of the 1W version and I think it is too low light even for low light. Also, is a bit too white for me. It's 10000K and I would like more on the 6500K. So, to add a little more light on the cheap I added a 17$ 30W 6500K floodlight from [Ebay Link Removed]

With LEDs plus flood light plus background

So this is the start. It has some valls, some hygro on the front left corner, a big anubias on the right that had been growing for 3 years in my tank and I didn't want to break, a crypto behind the rock in the middle, and some really not in good shape java ferns around.

I am starting with these "leftover plants" from home and see how they grow. The flood light is visibly on the left side. I am trying to make a lily bulb grow to put over the anubia to give it some shade before I maybe add a flood light there. I am keeping the right size darker for now cause I don't want any BBA or something growing on the anubia.

There are some oak leaves around on the floor cause I am trying to lower the PH and give it a more blackwater color. I still think it looks too white.

Fish: 3 SAE (BBA prevention!), 1 pearl gourami, 7 harlequin rasboras, 20 ember tetras, 3 corys and 10 ghost shrimp. Given the size of the tank they are all invisible in the photo and it is really lightly stocked for now.

The tank is too deep for me to reach the bottom so the valls are not really well planted. They keep getting uprooted. Let's see if anything grows... (and my phone sucks for pics. I have to try getting better ones).

55g - tetras, rasboras, SAE, britlenose, GBR, corys kuhlis
30g- britlenose, GBR
8g - Endlers
10g - Endlers
8g- Endlers, shrimp
5g- java moss ball tank, for the occasional breeding
150g- Pearl gourami, rasboras, ember t, rummynose t., cardinal t., Bolivian ram, Apisto cacatuoides
, SAE, britlenose, corys...
All low tech.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode