a few hours after adding plants, the water's much clearer. This pic was taken early Monday, 11/01/10. In the past day, the java moss has already manage to send 4-6 dozen shoots past the mesh, toward the light. I was expecting this process to take longer. Can't wait until the thing is covered.
Hope the plants do okay w/ 2wpg (although it seems plenty bright and this thing is only 12" of water) and no ferts (on order).
The cherries are already in. I was feeling bold because:
• 3gal. of water came from an established tank
• the other ~7gal. I've had treated, ready and bubbling for a week in a bucket
• the substrate came from an established tank
• the filter media (floss, ceramics, foam blocks) came from an established tank
• and cherries are pretty hardy
They seem fine: exploring, eating, picking at stuff, and colored back up quickly.
Last edited by tw33kerloki; 11-23-2010 at 12:32 AM.