• 2 Post By JonRon
  • 2 Post By finfan
  • 2 Post By doylecolmdoyle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Outdoor 2ft Jungle Tank

Hi guys this is my outdoor 2ft tank, it basically gets trimmings from other tanks, its way overgrown but I like the look, I added 5 White Cloud Mountain Minnows today, being out side I am hoping they will eat any insects etc that get into the tank. The weather is warming up here, with temps getting over 40 degrees Celsius over summer, hope the tank goes ok, it did well over winter.

IMG_0406 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Updated photo, had to move the co2 bottle up out of the way of the AC unit / warm air, this tank sits outside on my balcony, right next to my AC condenser unit, will be interesting to see how the tank goes over summer, its getting hot here in Western Australia, its fun to watch the minnows hunt any bugs that land on the water

IMG_0717 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr
AlGee, AlGee, Williak and 9 others like this.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 02:48 PM
dru
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Love that tank! How do you like that co2regulator? And what canister filter is that?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
Love that tank! How do you like that co2regulator? And what canister filter is that?
Thanks, the tank gets no love and is stuck outdoors but is very low maintenance, the regulator (tunze) seems good, I picked up two second hand very cheap, you can adjust the line pressure which is great to fine tuning co2. The filter is a ISTA external mini canister filter 360lp, I think ISTA is mainly sold in Asia and Australia, I have seen different brands with the same kind of filter in America and Europe

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 11:48 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Awesome tank man! Love the jungle look. Huge java fern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 06:25 AM
Algae Grower

Any updates?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Will try take a updated photo tonight, have just let the tank go and it is way over grown, its summer now in Australia and the tank sits around 30 Degree Celsius, the plants and fish seem to be going ok tho

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRon View Post
Any updates?
Here is an updated photo

Need to thin out some Java Fern :P this tank makes me wish I had a big 4ft or 6ft tank so much fern so little room. There is a big mess of all different ferns here, some Vals at the back and even some crypts floating about long with other random plants, hopefully sort it out a bit over the xmas break. Spotted a shrimp getting about in the tank today, must have hitchhiked on some plants from another tank.

The Minnows seem to be doing well, tho have not spotted any new fish so I dont think they are breeding, perhaps I should add a few more (5 fish atm), the tank gets up to 32 degrees on warm days but seems to be copping

IMG_0847 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr
Boostr and Boostr like this.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Algae Grower

Insanely beautiful!! Two thumbs up
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 07:28 PM
Planted Member

Another awesome tank!

Aqueon 120 gallon community (planted)
ADA 120p - 65 gallon community (planted)
Eclipse system II tall - 30 gallon - mixed community (non planted)
AGA 20 gallon - lake Tanganyika shell dwellers (semi planted)
6.6 gallon nano planted red cherry shrimp (planted)
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I will thin this mess of java fern out one day :P I have bunch of small crypts floating around in the tank along with other bits a pieces and I was able to clear the surface of the duckweed!

IMG_1390 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 04:26 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/75%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
I will thin this mess of java fern out one day :P I have bunch of small crypts floating around in the tank along with other bits a pieces and I was able to clear the surface of the duckweed!

IMG_1390 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Any plans on selling it or doing an roak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Algae Grower

Do you have any pictures of the hardscape before you planted it? Would love to replicate this myself, really looks wonderful.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofCloak View Post
Any plans on selling it or doing an roak
I am in Australia, I will clean out some plants soon but just sell/give them away locally

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stress View Post
Do you have any pictures of the hardscape before you planted it? Would love to replicate this myself, really looks wonderful.
This is the best photo I have on hand, it was always fairly heavily planted with java fern, started out as just a place to hold trimmings from my other tanks. There are 3 bits of wood and few rocks on the right side

JonRon and JonRon like this.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Managed to offload a bit of Java Fern, the fish finally have space to swim! Still a mess of random plants, chucked a bunch of Lilaeopsis in that I will use when I set up my Goby tank... if I ever get around to it!

IMG_1996 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode