Fool's First 20 Gallon - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fool's First 20 Gallon

This thread is gonna be super boring for a while, but I'm too excited about my first "full size" tank I can't resist

I work at a big box pet store and one of my customers gave me a 20 gallon and stand that was just collecting dust in his garage. I cleaned it up and have had it sitting there for a week now, waiting for the chance to get a filter and a tad more substrate. Got an AquaClear for it and it's been running only a few minutes. Keeping the carbon in until the water clears up from the substrate (floramax, i rinsed it but obviously not well) then will take the carbon out and put in double ceramic rings.

Will be slowly adding more hardware as I get the chance to get it. Light is next, probably the finnex planted 24/7 in a couple of weeks, then heater. I know it's going to be a new world tank, and i know what fish I want to stock it, but plants and actual scaping is all up in the air right now. Not that it matters without a light of course. Haven't decided if I'm going to run co2 on it yet. Will probably run it without and if I have a lot of algae problems I'll pick up a small unit or do a diy set up.

Hopefully the water will keep my cat from jumping into the tank anymore

Now to just figure out what to do about that rattling noise from the filter...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode