Zoids 29 Gallon Community - Aquatek Mini CO2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Zoidborg
  • 2 Post By Zoidborg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Earth Prime, Sol System, Milky Way, Horrible Gelatinous Monster
Zoids 29 Gallon Community - Aquatek Mini CO2

I am starting a new tank and finally but the bullet and will be doing a Co2 setup.

I bought this tank from Petsmart on my birthday (didn't even plan on buying one) because it was 30% off. I quickly put together an idea of finally making a true planted tank with all the dream plants I've struggled with in the past because of a lack of Co2.

Here's what I have so far using my existing plants from my 20g long:

Specs:
Fluval 206
Finnex Planted 24/7 (MAX on timer 8 hours)
Eco Complete and bags of gravel for the hills
Tahitian Moon Sand

Hardscape:
I bought some new Spiderwood that took 3 weeks to sink
Also some Dragonstone(about 40 lbs).

Current Inhabitants:
5 - 4 year old Glass Bloodfin Tetras
25 Assasin Snails
5 Amano Shrimp

Plants:
Crypt Parva
Crypt Tropica
Frogbit
Salvinia Natans
Anubias Nana
Anubias Petite
Hottonia
Java Fern Windelov
Buce Brownie
Red diamond Sword (Completely green at the moment)
Corkscrew Vals

___

Plans:

I bought an Aquatek Mini, 20oz tanks, c02 tubing and an Up Aqua Inline and plan to add them this week.

I want some sort of carpet, red plant and a large background plant and maybe some Bacopa and Rotala.

More Fish: A bunch of Cardinal Tetras and Corys

___

Next week, my shipment of parts for the co2 tank arrives. Stay tuned...
Aqua99 and Aqua99 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Zoidborg; 09-15-2017 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Adding Pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Earth Prime, Sol System, Milky Way, Horrible Gelatinous Monster
I also added in:

6 Corydoras to the tank, jurys out on the actual species as they were sold to me as Aeneus. https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/21...tml?highlight=
6 ADFrogs
6 Pygmy Cory
My 5 Glowlight Tetras from an existing tank were added aswell.

Note: The white fuzz of doom has arrived on the spiderwood, hoping it goes away soon Tank looks horrible right now.

Coming Soon:

I just got my hands on a Rhinox Glass bubble counter and that thing is a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

I'll be removing most of the anubias and java Fern to make way for new plants next week.

My online order for some tropica plants include:

1-2 Grow Staurogyne Repens (left mid ground)
1-2 Grow Rotal Rotundifolia (left rear)
1-2 Grow Bacopa Caroliniana (middle rear)
1-2 Grow Eleocharis Acicularus Mini (sand carpet)
1-2 Grow Alternanthera Reinickki Mini (left mid ground)
Pot of Bacopa Compact (middle bridge)
An Aponogeton Madagascariensis Bulb (left rear)

Are there any tricks to these plants I should know about with my planned setup?

Last edited by Zoidborg; 08-29-2017 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 06:27 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
I like the plant list...no tricks to them, but you have to make sure you are dosing ferts and it looks like you have the CO2 on the way.

- Retired

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Excellent!

Yes I do Dose Ferts daily (Full Seachem Dosing Chart) using a spreadsheet calculator I found somewhere. I moved some things around after reading about other members dosing schedules.
I dose Excel daily (flourish every sunday and thursday) but skip some of the others on a weekly basis.

---

New Updates:
Added 12 Cardinal Tetra

---

All my co2 parts came yesterday!

---

I had a great deal on (atleast I think so) these 20oz Paintball tanks for $20 ea CDN (bought 3 to interchange/fill when needed).
I did have trouble getting them filled in Toronto, Canada. Found a soda/beer shop that charged me $15 ea!

The Black c02 tubing was hell to slip onto the Rhinox Glass Counter. Seems like the tubing was one size to small even with boiling water. A piece of the counter snappedwhile I was putting on the tubing and I had to cut some of the outtake off and grind down.
After 2 hellish hours I finally got the system up and running.

I have it set for 1 bubble per second at the moment... still waiting on the drop checker so I may leave it there for now. Its also on a timer from 9am to 8pm, then another timer for an airstone is on from 9pm to 8am.

---

Here's some more shots of the tank. The White fuzz on the spiderwood is 90% gone (it was real bad) the Amazon Sword in the back has grown new red leaves! (Im guessing thanks to the Seachem Iron)
Also here is a video of the 29 Gallon Tank showing the Aquascape, new fish, the co2 setup aswell.

Last edited by Zoidborg; 09-01-2017 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Added video
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Planted Member

Lookin' good!!! Man, I miss my 29 gallon...lol.

- Retired
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Update: 2 Weeks since Co2 started (im currently as 3 bps) 3 days since planting.

All the hottonia was destroyed by the Dwarf Frogs and their darting... But every other plant is doing well.

The Tropica Plants arrived so I removed all the Java Fern and some of the anubias to make room.

I wasnt able to get my hands on Mini Hair Grass so I got 2 Grow cups of S. Repens for the right side.

I moved all the Crypt Parva to the middle from some other tanks to try and fill that area in.

Somehow my frogs have made a nest in the far right between the Dragon Stone and glass. All the Indian almond leaves I've placed in the tank Magically gathered there.

Full tank pic:

Finished Stocking List:

3 Red Honey Dwarf Gourami (Supposedly 1m 2f)
11 Cardinal Tetra
5 Glass Bloodfin Tetra
5 Glowlight Tetra
6 Pygmy Cordoras
5 Corydoras Elegans
3 Bushynose Pleco
6 African Dwarf Frog
5 Amano Shrimp
10+ Assassin Snails

Close up pics:

My Red honey Gourami Trio. I was going to get one but they were on sale (3 for $8) So I had to get them. I asked for 1 Male and 2 Female. Not sure if thats what I got as they all look the same to me.

sdwindansea and sdwindansea like this.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 07:21 PM
Planted Member

Looks great!

- Retired

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode