ADA 45P Forest scape - The Planted Tank Forum
 66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
ADA 45P Forest scape

So I started with a nano tank and sold it pretty quick to go "bigger". I was thinking about a second high tech setup and wanted to buy an ada 60p. But I decided to go smaller and go for the ada 45p as I already have an eheim 2211 with 2 sets of lily pipes which I can use for this setup. It will cost less plants, soil etc. but IMO it's harder to scape a nano tank. Tried my best to create some depth in this 45x27x30 cm tank.

Have a look at my Youtube channel
>> www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping
<<

Final shot. Rank 30 CIPS 2018 Nano category.
Nigel Hoevenaar Blackwood final shot 1 AGA by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Recent picture
detail shot ada 45p by nigel by Nigel H, on Flickr

Specs planted tank aquarium
Tank ADA 45P
45x27x30 cm
34 litre

Lighting
Daytime eco 40

Hardscape
Lava rock
Spiderwood

Substrate
ADA Aqua Soil

Shrimp
35 Neocaridina heteropoda var. Yellow

Fish
Rasbora brigittae

Snails
3 Clithon sp.

Plants
fissidens fontanus
fissidens fox
flame moss
weeping moss
riccardia chamedryfolia
crepidomanes malabaricum
usuki moss
riccardia sp. graeffei
buce moss

Co2
Pressurized CO2 with a diffusor
Co2 checker edge (30 ppm)

Heater
Hydor eth 200 temperature 23 celcius

Filter
Eheim classic 150

Hardscape
hardscape planted day 1 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Yoghurt method moss dsm

Day 25
ada 45p forest scape nigel day 25 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Day 42

Day 56
ada 45p forest day 56 by nigel aquascaping by Nigel H, on Flickr

Day 86

Light unit daytime eco 40.
CRI 90
1320 lumens

image uploader

My Tanks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

Last edited by Nigel95; 10-08-2018 at 03:27 PM. Reason: edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Planted Member

Hello !
Beautiful forest scrape !!!

If you wanna use the Yoghurt method, you will need to fully cycle the tank first.
after all the wood mold gone.
Drain the whole think then start painting your youghut method.
make sure keep it moist but not dripping wet.
You will have some funky smell coming out but will gone in time.
Good luck.
and keep us post. :-)
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bunny View Post
Hello !
Beautiful forest scrape !!!

If you wanna use the Yoghurt method, you will need to fully cycle the tank first.
after all the wood mold gone.
Drain the whole think then start painting your youghut method.
make sure keep it moist but not dripping wet.
You will have some funky smell coming out but will gone in time.
Good luck.
and keep us post. :-)
Thanks!

Is it also possible to put the spiderwood pieces in a tub and let them waterlog for weeks? Will this also remove all the mold in wood? I didn't let the tank cycle with wood on my 34 gal before putting moss on it.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Another cabinet didn't really like the other one. Only 5 and painted it with some old black paint that we have at home. Front will be hidden with a piece of fabric.

Pieces are waterlogging to remove slimy coat.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:28 PM
Planted Member

Hardscape

image uploader

Love this look, can't wait to see it in the tank and progress
RSS and RSS like this.

Aqueon 120 gallon community (planted)
ADA 120p - 65 gallon community (planted)
Eclipse system II tall - 30 gallon - mixed community (non planted)
AGA 20 gallon - lake Tanganyika shell dwellers (semi planted)
6.6 gallon nano planted red cherry shrimp (planted)
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Algae Grower

I am really liking the forest scape! Tagging along.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Made a good deal on a dennerle co2 system. Equipment is coming slowly together...

Not sure what I will do in this tank: diffuser or inline atomizer..

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)
If it' an ADA Forest Scape, you must go diffuser. That's all they use.
Nigel95 and Nigel95 like this.
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Tank arrived

ADA is expensive but the tank looks beautiful!! Really happy with it.

Plan is to use the following plants:
fissidens fontanus
fissidens fox
flame moss
weeping moss
riccardia chamedryfolia
usuki moss
crepidomanes malabaricum

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Nothing better than the smell of a fresh opened aqua soil bag

Here is the hardscape of my ada 45p forest. Hope you like it!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcJXUZbTsD4

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Mosses came in today
Got some usuki for free but it can only tolerate max 22 celcius. My tank will be 23 so not sure if it will survive.
Bestand 28-09-17 22 10 29 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Bestand 28-09-17 22 09 56 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Bestand 28-09-17 22 10 49 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Planted 1 month dry start now so the mosses will attach to hardscape.
hardscape planted day 1 by Nigel H, on Flickr
SAM_0651 by Nigel H, on Flickr

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Interesting scape. Good depth perception.
RSS and RSS like this.

post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizpa305 View Post
Interesting scape. Good depth perception.
Thanks did my best to create some depth in this nano tank.
RSS and RSS like this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

New stuff came in

Hopefully the hydor eth 200 will last a "long" time on my ada 45p. After reading it doesn't seem the best choice for a nano tank. But I don't really wanna build one my self or have a heater in the tank. So fingers crossed!

The eheim skim 350 is great but when I have to clean it, I have to remove it completely from the tank and always several shrimps are in there. So I decided to try the ocean free surfclear. The sponge can be removed when the skimmer is in tank and it has a safe guard for shrimps and fish. It's a little less strong than the eheim skim 350 but no problem because it is only an ada 45p.

I needed a thermometer and decided to buy one from ADA.

Bestand 30-09-17 16 42 16 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Unfortunately my weeping moss is turning yellow/brown on the branches. It receives a lot of light. I spray two times a day and leave 2 openings open to reduce the chance of mold. Although there is already some mold growing. Hard to find the "perfect" balance to keep moss moisture enough and avoid mold. Also hard to remove the mold because I made some roots on the trees and it isn't very firmly attached with fishing line.
RSS and RSS like this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Received some bucephalandra moss from someone. Very happy with it. It grows low, compact and is not demanding.

Bestand 06-10-17 21 29 37 by Nigel H, on Flickr
RSS and RSS like this.

My Tanks

|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

Tags
ada 45p, aquascape, forest aquarium, moss

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode