Yesterday during testing I had a few problems with my little device. Mainly the drains suck, and I wasn't happy knowing I wasn't able to pre-treat the water well enough.
I revamped the water inlet a little. It now goes thru a carbon filter, and is stored 4.5g at a time, in a bucket, with an aerator. This should allow me to pre-treat all my water pretty effectively.
I designed a better mouse trap for the overflow and level control but haven't built it yet. Maybe today.
I also called my water company and they told me they "never use chloramines" so that concern is gone.
neon tetras -- these guys are all still hanging in there. I don't know what to do with em other than keep tthem wet.
I noticed some plant growth from a few plants, the ones with the DIY root tabs especially, shot up a little bit.
Co2 fluctuations big time due to water and aeration changes... Hopefully i can get things settled before algae strikes. Was pretty low concentration all day yesterday.
I completed my level control, and fresh water mixing tank.
Basically, it's 2 level controlling overflows (I think it's called eschopps style or something) next to each other. 1 is responsible for adding new water, one is responsible for draining the "old" water.
The reason they are next to each other (inside of another, actually) is if something goes wrong (loose my overflow tube prime or hose is blocked or whatever) the "fill" just overflows into the "drain" side.
It's up and running, minus my secondary emergency drain.
I used such small hoses so the flow in the hose would be high, to keep from getting airbound from off gassing
My TV sits in front of this whole ordeal and hides itt from view
Last edited by Anchor; 08-15-2017 at 04:33 PM.