need some decorating help - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
need some decorating help

Here's my 90litres aquarium. I'm not pleased about it's look... What should I change/add/get rid of?

And here's my 80litres. This one's ok, but I'm always open to suggestions

I also have a third tank, 90 l. It's still empty. What should I do totally different with this new one?

thapsus
http://photobucket.com/albums/v504/thapsus/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via MSN to pufferfreak Send a message via Yahoo to pufferfreak
i'd put another val on the left side in front of the wood there where there's kinda a space. then let the foreground fill in and it should look good
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Doesn't look too bad. I would do a few things for the 90l.
1) Keep the tall Vals away from the front half of the tank. On the right side, move the vals in the front half to the left rear to help fill that area in. Also, try to keep the vals more "combed". Just run your fingers through them to keep them from becoming a tangled mess.
2) I'm not fond of the moss growing right above the sword. Is it mounted to the background or some driftwood? If you want to keep it, put it on the floor just to the left of the sword plant.
3) The small stem plant on the left, in front of the driftwood, is a little bit distracting. I'm not sure what it is, but if it does fill in a bit, I would move it behind the driftwood and.
4) Let the grass fill in the foreground. It looks like it is being shaded by the vals so keep them trimmed to allow light to reach the bottom of the tank.

Overall, you'll have a lot more luck making 3-4 large groups of plants look good than 6-8 small groups in a 90l tank.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
more questions

Thanks about tips.

Looks like I have to empty the 80l tank, because I have to catch kuhlies from there. SO this really would be a good moment to do something to it too. What?

What plants could I add or with what plants I could replace plants in 90l. I would like new plants to be from South-America. And do you see any plant that are from Asia in 90l? I could put them to my new Asia-tank... Javamoss propably Moss is just floating around in 90l, I attach it to wood regularly but not too good/tightly as you can see

And with vallisneria in the right I'm trying to hide filters (I have three of them in this tank. Maybe I shoud remove 200, because together they filter 1000lithers in hour). What is good plant to this job?

Bigger pictures:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/thapsus/80l.jpg (bad quality,sorry)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/thapsus/90l.jpg

thapsus

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode