• 2 Post By Omar EAZi
  • 2 Post By Omar EAZi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Post 15g planted tank aquarium

Hey everyone,

So while waiting for all my accessories for my 120p ADA tank to arrive, I was running a bit impatient and thought why not do another small aquarium to spend some time on till all orders for the 120p arrive.
I went and bought a 15g tank, and the accessories required for this tank is available so I don't have to order and wait.
Equipmet:

Tank:
50Lx32Wx35H rimless china made tank

Filter:
SunSun HW-302 Filter(I think this might be a little overkill for a 15g?)
Using lily pipe on the out going
Using the sprayer that came with the SunSun filter for the inlet(to reduce the flow a bit)

Light:
Aqua Zonic Super Bright extendable(Not even sure if this is a good light, got it to test it out)

Soil:

Some local(Dubai) Gravel brand(bought it by the Kg and didn't ask for brand name)
ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia

Hard Scape:

Petrified wood 2x
River Wood 1x

Plants:

HC Cuba
Christmas moss
Cardamine lyrata
Anubias Sp. Nangi
Water hedge(Didiplis Diandra)
And some more plants that I don't know the names of lol

Co2:

Getting an industrial 4kg cylinder
Haven't decided on the regulator yet
Using a disposable co2 can from waterplant atm(Can't get the 4kg cylinder till sunday)

So that's about it for now, I'll keep this journal updated whenever I add or change something in this tank.

Thanks for the read!

This is the light(if anyone knows anything about it let me know, couldn't find much on the net)

After planting it randomly

Filled with water
harley, harley, Dman911 and 1 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

The water cleared up, I've also added an IKEA lamp with 40w light bulb and 6500k.
Tomorrow the Co2 system is coming in and getting rid of this disposable can.

Also does anyone know anything about this sort of Co2 systems if they actually do anything or they're just waste of money

Because once getting my proper Co2 system tomorrow, I was thinking to use on Co2 can on my 2g tank.

Thanks for the read
Dman911 and Dman911 like this.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 08:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
I've never seen that before. How is the C02 regulated out of the can?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

I would stick to your pressurized unit you have coming in and maybe buy a manifold to run both or all your tanks off of it.

Dan
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude1 View Post
I've never seen that before. How is the C02 regulated out of the can?
It's not regulated, it works like a spray can, the small tube connects to the can and to the diffuser(Not actually a diffuser), they call it a diffuser but it's an upside down cup that you hang inside the tank, you press the spray can and the cup fills up with Co2, it gets diffused in water by pressure, every few hours I respray the can to refill the cup with Co2, but it takes while till it diffuses this way. maybe for a nano tank it'll be enough but for this tank it's not.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman911 View Post
I would stick to your pressurized unit you have coming in and maybe buy a manifold to run both or all your tanks off of it.

Dan
Nah these nano tanks will be moving out of here soon, one is going to my desk at office, and the other one will probably go downstairs in the living room or something. Depends if I was able to convince wifey about that though, coz the 120p ADA that I'm gathering to set up at the living room has already started bothering her lol. Maybe the kitchen will be a good place for for the 1.5g lol!
Dman911 and Dman911 like this.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

some algae is growing on the HC Cuba, someone said it might be bacteria!!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode