Starting all my tanks back up - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Starting all my tanks back up

My tanks have all been sitting dry for 18 mo while I've been working through some problems and piecing my life back together. I've badly needed the relaxation and stress relief that comes with watching beautiful fish swim about. Not to mention an addictive, healthy hobby to occupy some of my free time and put my creative forces to use. Decided to start with my 10g and work my way back up through my 20 and 80g as the spare income becomes available. This is my 10g after 8 days of running. It's got a mixture of mineralized topsoil and eco complete 3/4" deep under a layer of nylon mesh to keep it under a 1.5" cap of PFS. The rocks are wonderstone rhyolite I collected on one of my rockhounding trips into the Utah West Desert. A piece of mopani driftwood. Plants so far are just green cryptocoryne and anubias hastifolia. Tissue cultured of course (I don't want snails). Filter is a tetra whisper 10i that I set up to run more like an internal canister filter. Got some established media to seed it for a fast cycle and so I could add the Betta on day 2. So far I've only read nitrates on tests and I keep them between 15-20 ppm for my plants. The crypts have doubled in size in the past week from the tiny sprouts they were. Anubias appears healthy, but I expect growth to remain so slow as to be undetectable. Just started VERY LIGHTLY dosing flourish comprehensive alongside excel with a water change and already see a couple mm of growth on the crypts just 3 hours later. Next post will likely have my 20g set up and showcase the stand I built to house it and the 10g.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0025_1496446070583.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	761737  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
So far Lyraxes loves his home and has been very fun, active, and quite the little attention hog.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0029_1496447947689.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	761745  

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode