33G tanks - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
33G tanks

sharing some of the pictures of my 2 main tanks. both are 33USG tanks, ie 2ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft.

plants include h. difformis, java fern, windelov fern, anubia, c. wendtii, java moss, erect moss. fishes include 12-15 cardinals, 1 swordtail, 1 hillstream loach, 2 otos, 30-40 cherry shrimps, 10 bee shrimps.

there are too many to list out....namely cyperus helferi, nymphaea lotus, windelov fern, java fern, e tenellus, c. wendtii, hydrocotyle leucocephala etc etc. fishes include 15 harlequin rasboras, 1 swordtail, 2 hillstream loach, 2 otos, 10 malayan shrimps

cheers!

do ignore those black coloured baskets which are hanging by the side of the tanks as they are meant to propagate java moss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Algae Grower

that tank looks awesome, well done!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Your fish selection makes those tanks appear larger than 33gal (you've got some coin tied up in the first tank - 16 cards and 40 cherry shrimp!!). And by the way, those are awesome dimensions on that tank. Same as a 20 high, but 50% wider. Ideal for aquascaping. I look forward to some photos when your foreground fills in.

Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Set up April 2007 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Terminated March 2007 -

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (9/100%)
Both tanks look great.

Are those baskets handmade or renovated from something else? It's a very interesting way of growing moss out. I'm using some stainless steel mesh right now (courtesy of fishfry ) to grow out some taiwan moss. Mind providing more details on them?

Eric

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn
Both tanks look great.

Are those baskets handmade or renovated from something else? It's a very interesting way of growing moss out. I'm using some stainless steel mesh right now (courtesy of fishfry ) to grow out some taiwan moss. Mind providing more details on them?
err....this is actually a lazy man's approach. not too sure abt the states, but plants over here are sold in pots kinda like those Tropica pots. basically, i invert 2 pots and stuff some moss inside. tie them up and i hv a basket to hold those mosses.

btw, shrimps are not tat exp over here as compared to the prices i see on this forum....so it's not really a lot of coins.....

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode